01Getting started This is the Spacious theme instruction page. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made even simpler let us know we will be glad to change it. Let's start! On the right side you can see the table of contents of this documentation.Jump to the section you want, or read it all through - your choice.Let's move on!
Installing your theme is pretty easy! After downloading you should have a spacious.zip file. This is a compressed file containing all of the required templates and images required for the theme to function properly.
Upload the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload link
- Select the
- Click Install Now
Activate the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress menu
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
04Home Page Slider
This theme supports the home page image slider. To use it follow the steps below.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize.
- Go to Slider section.
- To activate the slider, check the Check to activate slider checkbox
- Upload the image # 1 for the first slider. Similarly, add the corresponding slider title, slider description and redirect link. You can link to a link within your site or outside of your site.
- Repeat the above step for your other slides.
- Then click on Save Changes. That's it, open your home page and it should be there. :)
05Add custom logo
Yes, this theme supports custom logo. To use it, follow the below steps.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize->Header.
- Upload the custom logo.
- Also, the Show logo only or Show both check-box need to be checked to show the logo in header.
- Click Save Changes.
07Setup Business Template First Step
- In the dashboard, add a new page.
- In the Page Attributes option box, choose the Business Template in the Template drop-down option.
- Publish the page. Yes, that's it for the first step.
The Business template has four widget areas within it. Have a look here in this image. Click on the image for a better view.
- Business Top Sidebar
- Business Middle Left Sidebar
- Business Middle Right Sidebar
- Business Bottom Sidebar
You just need to add some widgets to these sidebars to setup the business template.Third Step
Below are some widgets provided by the theme that you could use to make your business template look awesome.
- TG: Services:
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, select any of your pages in the drop down option. There are six page drop-down options within it. The title, description and featured image of that same pages that you select will be shown.
- TG: Call to Action:
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, add the first and second title line, button text, button redirect link and all is done.
- TG: Testimonials:
Add this widget to any Business Sidebar. In this widgets, add the title, text, name, byline and all is done.
- TG: Featured Single Page:
Add this widget to Business Middle Left/Right Sidebar. In this widget, select any of your page in the drop down option. The title, description and featured image of that same page that you select will be shown.
- TG: Featured Widget:
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, add the title and description. select any of your page in the drop down option. There are three page drop-down options within it. The featured image of that same page that you select will be shown.
If you want to set this Business Page
as the Home page
, then follow the instruction below:
- In the dashboard, go to Settings->Reading.
- Check on the 'Static Page' option.
- Choose the business page (the page you created following the instruction above) as the front page.
- Save the Changes.
If you set up everything right you can make your business template look the same as the one on our demo page. Business Template
08How to limit the excerpt text
Now if you want to reduce or increase the number of words that appear in services widgets or post. You can easily change that.
- First Go to the service widget page or post in your dashboard.
- Just below the page editor you will see the excerpt box
- If you don't see the excerpt box. Scroll to the top and you will see the screen options on the right hand side corner.
- Click it and check the Excerpt box. Now you should see the excerpt box below the editor
- Fill the excerpt box with the desired amount of text that you want to show.
10How to Setup Blog page?
You can choose to show blog in 4 different ways.
- First go to Settings->Reading->Front Page displays->A static page (select below).
- Now from Posts page: dropdown select any page where you like to show blog post.
- Click Save Changes.
- Now if you want further options then go to Appearance->Customize->Design->Blog Posts display type.
- Choose Blog Image Large for large image with excerpt text.
- Choose Blog Image Medium for medium image with excerpt text.
- Choose Blog Full Content for showing full content without the featured images and readmore
- Choose Blog Image Alternate Medium for medium image with excerpt text but images appear in alternate fashion right, left.
- Now go to Appearance->Menu and select the blog page you choose in step 2 as menu
- See all blog demo here Demo
Also you must upload featured images for each post to show the images on the blog page. For more detail on featured image have a look here Featured Images