This is the Freedom theme instruction page. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made even simpler let us know we will be glad to change it. Let's start! On the right side you can see the table of contents of this documentation.
Jump to the section you want, or read it all through - your choice.
Let's move on!
Installing your theme is pretty easy! After downloading you should have a freedom.zip file. This is a compressed file containing all of the required templates and images required for the theme to function properly.
Upload the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload link
- Select the
- Click Install Now
Activate the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress menu
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
04Home Page Slider
This theme supports the home page image slider. To use it follow the below steps.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize.
- Head on over to the Slider.
- To use the slider, first check on the Check to activate slider to activate the slider.
- Upload the image # 1 for the first slider. Similarly, add the corresponding slider title, slider description and redirect link. You can link to a link within your site or outside of your site.
- Repeat the above step for your other slides.
- Then click on Save Changes. That's it, open your home page and it should be there. :)
05Add custom logo
Yes, this theme supports custom logo. To use it, follow the below steps.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize->Header.
- Upload the cusotm logo.
- Also, the Show logo only or Show both checkbox need to be checked to show the logo in header.
- Click Save Changes.