This is the Accelerate theme instruction page. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made even simpler let us know we will be glad to change it. Let's start! On the right side you can see the table of contents of this documentation.
Jump to the section you want, or read it all through - your choice.
Let's move on!
Installing your theme is pretty easy! After downloading you should have a accelerate.zip file. This is a compressed file containing all of the required templates and images required for the theme to function properly.
Upload the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload link
- Select the
- Click Install Now
Activate the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress menu
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
04Home Page Slider
This theme supports the home page image slider. To use it follow the below steps.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize.
- Head on over to the Slider.
- To use the slider, first check on the Check to activate slider to activate the slider.
- Upload the image # 1 for the first slider. Similarly, add the corresponding slider title, slider description and redirect link. You can link to a link within your site or outside of your site.
- Repeat the above step for your other slides.
- Then click on Save Changes. That's it, open your home page and it should be there. :)
05Add custom logo
Yes, this theme supports custom logo. To use it, follow the below steps.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance->Customize->Header.
- Upload the custom logo.
- Also, the Show logo only or Show both checkbox need to be checked to show the logo in header.
- Click Save Changes.
07Setup Business Template
- In the dashboard, add a new page.
- In the Page Attributes option box, choose the Business Template in the Template dropdown option.
- Publish the page. Yes, that's it for the first step.
You just need to add some widgets to Business sidebar to setup the business template.
Below are some widgets provided by the theme that you use to make you business template look Awesome.
- TG: Image ServicesAdd this widget to Business Sidebar. In this widget, select any of your pages in the drop down option. There are six page dropdown options within it. The title, description and featured image of that same pages that you select will be shown.
- TG: Call to ActionAdd this widget to Business Sidebar. In this widget, add the first and second title line, button text, button redirect link and all is done.
- TG: Featured WidgetAdd this widget to Business Sidebar. In this widget, add the title and description. select any of your page in the drop down option. There are three page dropdown options within it. The featured image of that same page that you select will be shown.
If you want to set this Business Page
as the Home page
, then follow the instruction below:
- In the dashboard, go to Settings->Reading.
- Check on the 'Static Page' option.
- Choose the business page(the page you created following the instruction above) as the front page.
- Save the Changes.
If you set everything right you can create the business template as in our demo here Business Template
09How to Setup Blog page?
You can choose to show blog in 3 different ways
- First go to Settings->Reading->Front Page displays->A static page (select below).
- Now from Posts page: dropdown select any page where you like to show blog post.
- Click Save Changes.
- Now if you want further options then go to Appearance->Customize->Design->Posts page listing display type.
- Choose Large featured image for large image with content.
- Choose Small featured image for medium image with content.
- Choose Small featured image with alternating sides for medium image on alternate ways.
- Now go to Appearance->Menu and select the blog page you choose in step 2 as menu
- See all blog demo here Demo
Also you must upload featured images for each post to show the images on the blog page. For more detail on featured image have a look here Featured Images