- July 3, 2015 at 6:07 pm #1183786
I just updated the new spacious theme and it messed up the layout of my website. here are the problems if you can please give me code to fix. My website is https://mcelroyfineartphotography.com/
1. I need my logo back in the middle and top of the page, it is currently on the far left of the page.
2. I need my navigation menu back in the middle and underneath my logo
3. On the mobile version, the grey bar that holds the drop down menu is too small because it cuts off part of the word “Menu”.
4. Also the bottom footer is too large again and the grey bar needs to be much smaller for the desktop and mobile versions.
All of these things were fixed before the update, so now i need to have them all fixed again. I’m planning on putting the website and advertising it in a couple weeks to promote my business, please help. Thank you so much.July 3, 2015 at 7:02 pm #1183803
Did you had changed all those thing by editing the core file of the theme? While update it will remove all the change made in the core file. So, we always recommend to use child theme if it is require to change the code.
You can retrieve to previous version theme if you have backup.
Thank you.July 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm #1183804
I don’t know what childs theme is? and is there any way i can get new codes for fixing this now and then i will just skip the updates next time. thanks so muchJuly 3, 2015 at 7:19 pm #1183808
For child theme please refer this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes.
You can switch back to the previous version but the changes you had made in the theme will not be retrieve. I afraid you might to do it again.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.