- February 24, 2015 at 2:57 pm #391723
I have been playing around with the settings and custom css, and found this theme to be really great. My employer is going to purchase this theme anytime this week since i told her i’d need this theme. I’m not that savvy with wordpress and only got a little knowledge aobut php.
I got 3 questions though.
1. How to display archive in grid view?
2. Is it possible to set a number of posts in an archive before it cuts for the next page? i.e, 5 posts are only shown in a specific category archive then the rest of the posts will be on page 2, and so on.
3. I want to display an archive widget for a certain category in my sidebar. The archive widget displays all posts but i want to display only one category. What to do?February 25, 2015 at 5:16 am #395325
Thanks for linking our theme.
1. We are sorry to say that there is no such feature to have grid view.
2. You can set number of post to display in Blog by setting “Blog pages show at most” to 5 in Setting-> Reading.
3. Can you be more specific about the topic. Archive widget display dates.February 25, 2015 at 8:29 am #396125
Thanks for the answers.
Reply to your #3 answer:
For example i have two categories, case study and blogs. Jetpack has a widget for archive, displaying the months of your posts. What i want to display in my archive/single-post sidebar is a custom list of categories or probably a list of sub-categories under one main category. Is this possible?February 26, 2015 at 6:31 am #401528
You need to create a custom menu and assign it to the required sidebar, as you want. While choosing the menu, you need to choose those category and also, set their order. Finally, add the widget, ‘Custom Menu’ to the required sidebar, and assign the newly created menu for your particular purpose in it.
Hope this works.
We will really appreciate if you could help us too by rating our theme in WordPress repo here:-
Thanks.February 26, 2015 at 1:12 pm #403148
You got my 5 stars.February 27, 2015 at 4:27 am #406828
Thank you for rating our theme in the WordPress Theme Directory. We really appreciate it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.