1) How to create a pages system and 2) How to have a summary system?

Home Forums Spacious Free 1) How to create a pages system and 2) How to have a summary system?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bishal Napit 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

angeloborsato
    Participant

Hi there!

I’ve just come across Spacious theme and it seems just perfect for what I’m looking for. But I’m a newbie and therefore have 2 questions that might be not that hard, however, I’ve got no idea on how to do.

1) I need to create a pages system. I’m going to make a Movies website, but I want to have only 9 movies per page. At the bottom, there will be “Page 1”, “Page 2”, “Page 3”, and so on.
    I want a system that is able to detect that every new movie I’ll add to the website, after already having 9 movies added, it will make the last movie at the bottom be transfered automatically to the following page.

2) Under every single movie, there will be a text that starts but gets cut, to make the readers curious so they’ll click on “Read more”.

E.g.: James Cameron’s “Titanic” is an epic, action-packed romance set against the ill-fated maiden voyage of the R.M.S. Titanic; the pride and joy of the White Star Line and… READ MORE.

Is there a way I can write the text just once and the system is able to automatically cut it, so I won’t have a lot of extra work?

Guys, I’m sorry if it got confusing. I’m a coding beginner and I’m also not a native speaker, but I did my best to explain you the issues.

Thanks a lot!

Bipin Singh

Hi Angeloborsato,

To get 9 post in a page you need to set “Blog pages show at most” in Setting-> Reading to 9.

It the blog/archive page it will automatically display few words with ‘Read more’ button.
    You can check the demo here: https://demo.themegrill.com/spacious/blog/

Let us know if there are further query.

Thank you.

nat.bor.azn
    Participant

Hi Bipin Singh. I’ve came across this answer of you searching in forum because I can’t get blog/archive page to be like it is supposed to in Accelerate Free theme 🙁
    It does display all the post content, not only the Featured Image, a few words and the Read More button.
    In fact i had to putt off Featured Image because Blog page was showing Featured Image and the whole post content, and then image was seen repeated.
    I’ve set in Reading settings: For each article in a feed, show Summary…
    Do I have to configure any other setting?

Thanks in advance

Natalia

Bipin Singh

Hi Natalia,

Which theme are you using? Can you please explain your query little further.

Thank you.

nat.bor.azn
    Participant

Hi Bipin Singh!
    I’m using Accelerate Free.
    Here is my blog: https://valenciawineconsulting.com/en/blog/
    and as you can see, it doesn’t show Featured Image, a few words and the Read More button; it shows the whole first post.
    In fact I had to remove Featured image because it looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/Vs1bp3z.jpg

In WordPress general settings I configured Reading Settings as this “For each article in a feed, show summary”

Is there any additional setting in your theme I forgot?
    Thanks in advance

Natalia

Banstola Rajeeb

Hello,

Please post in the specific forum. We won’t be able to help you properly if you post in wrong forum :/

https://themegrill.com/support-forum/forum/accelerate-free/

Thanks!

nat.bor.azn
    Participant

Ok Rajeeb, done! 🙂

Bishal Napit

@nat.bor.azn

If there are any further query, then, please feel free to post them. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.