Social Icons is a simple and easy plugin that displays your social profile via widgets. It supports most of the popular social icons, so you don’t need to worry of some icons being missed. You can follow the instruction below for more information on how to set up the plugin.
InstallationInstalling your plugin is pretty easy! After downloading the plugin you should have social-icons.zip file. This is a compressed file containing all of the required files.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard->Plugins->Add New
- On the next page, click the Upload Plugin button.
- Choose the social-icons zip file and press Install Now button.
- After installing, make sure you activate the plugin.
How to social iconsOnce the plugin has been activated. A new widget named social icons widget will be registered.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets
- Search for social Icons widget.
- Drag and drop this widget into appropriate sidebar where you would like to show the social profile icons. For e.g on Header sidebar or right/left or footer sidebar.
- The widget form will automatically open up once you drag the widget to sidebar. Now you can add social icons of your choice.
- The icons will be automatically be detected once you start to type the social profile address on the social icon link text field. Add new icons by clicking on the Add Icon button.
- Choose the background settings, icons size and other settings as per your choice.
- Change the social icons order by simply dragging it.
- Click save and you should be able to view the icons on the frontend of you site.