We are looking for a PHP Developer who can work on WordPress and have a strong working history on PHP and WordPress Projects. If you are tired of working with clients project and would like to explore working on Products then this job is for you.
Also, if you have a solid knowledge of PHP but randomly worked with WordPress feel free to apply.
- Individual with technical knowledge and strong passion with or without any degree are also eligible to apply
- Self-learner and can follow the mentorship to grow skills and gain experience
- Willing to commit for at least 2 years
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and can design websites with them
- Practical understanding of PHP and OOP concepts
- Practical understanding of Git
- Knowledge of WordPress, theme/plugin would be plus
- Have done some practice projects and is uploaded on git (Team or college projects are not considered)
- Learn and explore WordPress world
- Attend training sessions, follow onboarding guidelines
- Work on fixes, improvements and adding new features to existing projects
- Develop new WordPress themes/plugins from scratch
- Work on renowned project like: ColorMag, Spacious, Flash, Zakra, ThemeGrill Demo Importer, User Registration, Everest Forms.
- New exciting projects like: BlockArt, WooCommerce Themes
- Collaborate with Designers, Support, Marketing Teams to ensure growth of products
Fun At Work
- Having fun is the part of our job. Work is fun and activities are delighting
- Friendly team always ready to help you
- Sports Activities: In-house Table Tennis, Badminton court, Carrom Board, Dart Board and Chess to play and enjoy the break time. (We conduct Interoffice Tournament time-to-time on different sports.)
- Lunch, snacks, tea, and coffee
- Timely refreshment and outing programs
- 5 working days a week (Monday – Friday)
- Friendly team who loves to help, go to movies, hiking, play games together
- Should have a minimum of 1-year experience in PHP or WordPress.
- Should have good grasp in core PHP including OOP.
- Good Knowledge of databases.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Should have Knowledge of Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Plugin anatomy would be plus.
- Should be able to work in a team.
- Contribution to open source project would be a huge plus. If you have created any WordPress theme or plugin attach the link or send a zip file.
- Develop WordPress themes/plugins from scratch.
- Fixing bugs and small enhancements that come into our WordPress themes/plugins.
- Maintain and enhance existing WordPress Products, modules and applications.
- Competitive Salary & Timely Salary Review.
- Fun Working Environment.
- Opportunity to build your career in WordPress.
- 5 working days a week.
- Bonus for the dedicated team members.
- Timely refreshment and outing programs.
- A serene working environment with in-house Table tennis, Badminton court, Carrom Board, Dart Board and Chess to play and enjoy the break time.
- We provide Lunch, Snacks, Tea and coffees.
Note: This is currently a Work From Home/Office job. Interviews will be scheduled virtually.
What qualities make you suitable for this position?
- Dedicated PHP developer who can independently write code, build a software product, self-assess, and present it with others.
- You love coding. You can put an idea in code form without much struggle and continuously code every day.
- You love numbers and have an experience of working with huge data. You can efficiently calculate, interpret, and analyze large data (containing millions) for product enhancement purposes.
- You’re a self-motivated, self-starter and results-oriented individual with higher professional values. Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- Readiness to learn new skills and accept feedback from others without taking it personally.
- Team player with really good communication skills and ability to interact with cross-functional teams. Over-communicators are appreciated rather than under-communicators.
- Good time manager and able to work under pressure.
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving abilities. You love helping people to solve their problems.
- You’re an optimistic individual who can see opportunities in obstacles and motivate the team towards that direction.
- Have strong presentation, teaching or training, and persuasion skills.
What are your main responsibilities in this job?
- Develop WordPress Plugins and Themes from scratch.
- Carry out team planning as well as product planning.
- Fixing bugs and small enhancements that come into our WordPress plugins.
- Refactoring legacy code with particular attention to backward compatibility.
- Maintain and enhance existing WordPress Products, modules and applications.
- Initiating new ideas for new modules & products.
- Create user-friendly product documentations in collaboration with the marketing team members.
- Provide training and sessions to interns and junior developers.
What skills do you need to pull off this job?
- Proven experience: Should have a minimum experience of 2-years for Mid-Level and 3 years for Senior-Level in PHP or WordPress. Should have proper projects to showcase as well.
- PHP Expertise: Should have proficiency in PHP including modern PHP practices (OOP, MVC, Namespace, autoloading, Traits, and Design Pattern).
- APIs: Experience on API development, knowledge of RESTful APIs and knowledge of integration of third-party APIs.
- Database: Knowledgeable regarding good database design and proficient in writing SQL queries.
- Package managers: Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- PHP and more: Sound Knowledge of anyone PHP framework like CodeIgniter, Laravel or Symfony would be a plus.
- More coding expertise: Good understanding of HTML, CSS and SCSS. Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Secure code: Should be able to write secure code according to proper coding standards.
- WordPress expertise: Knowledge of WordPress plugin/theme anatomy would be plus.
- Contribution: Contribution to open source project would be a huge plus. If you have created any WordPress theme or plugin, attach the link or send a zip file.
- Jira: Experience of working on project management tools like Jira would be plus.
- Team player: Should be able to work in a team and manage a team in the future.
- English: Fluency in both verbal and written English. Ability to write Grammar error-free content.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary with timely revisions. High-performing individuals get promoted even before 6 months. Bonus for the dedicated team members.
- Opportunity to build your career in global WordPress industry and digital marketing space.
- Access to premium training materials and online courses.
- Learning opportunities with marketing experts, SEO experts, developers, designers, and plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- 5 Working days a week. Saturdays and Sundays are holidays for your personal tasks and family time.
- Annual company retreat to a popular destination in Nepal (we’ve been to Pokhara, Bandipur, Chitwan, and other places) and exciting activities.
- Timely picnic and outing programs. Plus, sports events like futsal tournaments.
- Fun working environment led by young co-founders, friendly team leads and HR manager.
- A serene working environment with in-house table tennis, badminton court, carrom board, dart board and chess to play and enjoy the break time.
- Free lunch, snacks and unlimited tea and coffee.
Note: This is currently a Work from Home/Office job.
*** Enlisted job responsibilities and required skills are all inclusive but not limited to the listed points. And, also the candidates who don’t have all skills but are eager to attempt are encouraged to apply.
Start Creating Stunning Websites
Join our 400,000+ happy users. We have various range of WordPress themes fit for individuals, website owners, freelancers and agencies.