Mid / Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer who can help us improve our WordPress products by extensively reviewing them, testing them, suggesting improvements, and re-evaluating them after the changes.
Grab the opportunity to work on popular WordPress products used by over 100K users and develop new products that may serve millions of users in the future.
Mid / Senior Level
What qualities make you suitable for this position?
- You are a detail-oriented person who can evaluate a product meticulously from user’s perspective and provide a meaningful feedback. Someone with a keen interest in improving user experience of software products.
- You love numbers and have an experience of working with huge data. You can efficiently calculate, interpret, and analyze large data (containing millions) for product enhancement purposes.
- You’re a self-motivated, self-starter and results-oriented individual with higher professional values. Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- Readiness to learn new skills and accept feedback from others without taking it personally.
- Team player with really good communication skills and ability to interact with cross-functional teams. Over-communicators are appreciated rather than under-communicators.
- Good time manager and able to work under pressure.
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving abilities. You love helping people to solve their problems.
- You’re an optimistic individual who can see opportunities in obstacles and motivate the team towards that direction.
- Have strong presentation, teaching or training, and persuasion skills.
- Involvement in the WordPress community is a plus. If you aren’t a member yet, then you’ll be after taking this job.
What are your main responsibilities in this job?
- Evaluate and test WordPress products (themes and plugins) rigorously in reference to the industry standards, market competition, and user experience.
- To formulate use cases and test cases, extensively test the products, evaluate defect logs and develop test-related documents.
- Implement defect tracking, regression testing and execute the functional/logical, load, automated and user interface test of the software products.
- Testing the plugin in different environments, including different WordPress versions and hosting configurations
- Report and log the analyzed defects.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools will be plus.
- Create descriptive reports and present them to product developers.
- Create user-friendly documentations in collaboration with the marketing team members.
- Provide training and sessions to interns and Associate QA Engineers regarding software testing and project/product functions and features.
What skills do you need to pull off this job?
- Bug tracking: You should have knowledge and experience of bug tracking tools like (Selenium, Jira).
- Testing: Knowledge of PHPUnit testing. Experience on WordPress Product Testing will be a plus.
- Technical documentation: Strong technical documentation skills to present the bug reports and evaluation results in simple way.
- Research: Ability to do independent research on latest code testing procedures and improve it.
- Jira: Experience of working on project management tools like Jira would be plus.
- WordPress expertise: Have extensive knowledge and experience of using WordPress platform, themes, and plugins. 2+ Years of experience.
- Team player: Should be able to work in a team and manage a team in the future.
- English: Fluency in both verbal and written English. Ability to write Grammar error-free content.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary with timely revisions. High-performing individuals get promoted even before 6 months. Bonus for the dedicated team members.
- Opportunity to build your career in global WordPress industry and digital marketing space.
- Access to premium training materials and online courses.
- Learning opportunities with marketing experts, SEO experts, developers, designers, and plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- 5 Working days a week. Saturdays and Sundays are holidays for your personal tasks and family time.
- Annual company retreat to a popular destination in Nepal (we’ve been to Pokhara, Bandipur, Chitwan, and other places) and exciting activities.
- Timely picnic and outing programs. Plus, sports events like futsal tournaments.
- Fun working environment led by young co-founders, friendly team leads and HR manager.
- A serene working environment with in-house table tennis, badminton court, carrom board, dart board and chess to play and enjoy the break time.
- Free lunch, snacks and unlimited tea and coffee.
Note: This is currently a Work from Home/Office job.
*** Enlisted job responsibilities and required skills are all inclusive but not limited to the listed points. And, also the candidates who don’t have all skills but are eager to attempt are encouraged to apply.
Just fill the form below and we will get back to you.