Junior / Mid DevOps/System Administrator
We are seeking a professional DevOps/System Administrator to join our rapidly growing company, ThemeGrill. We encourage applications from experienced DevOps/System Engineers who can confidently manage a variety of systems and servers.
- Technical Skills: You have a solid understanding of network infrastructure, system architecture, and a variety of programming languages. Familiarity with cloud services, and common scripting languages is also crucial.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: You possess strong problem-solving and creative thinking abilities as you need to diagnose and resolve complex system issues. You love helping people to solve their problems.
- Strong Communication: You’re a good communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-technical staff, and work closely with other IT professionals. Over-communicators are appreciated rather than under-communicators.
- Project Management Skills: You can manage multiple tasks or projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines efficiently. Familiarity with agile methodologies can be beneficial.
- Patience and Resilience: You often have to handle pressure and stress well, particularly when dealing with system outages or major issues that need to be resolved quickly.
- Continual Learning: The field of technology is fast-paced and ever-evolving. Great DevOps/System Administrators keep their skills up to date and are always learning about new technologies and best practices.
- Self-Starter: You’re a self-motivated, self-starter, and results-oriented individual with higher professional values. Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent field (Candidate with equivalent experience but no formal degree is also encouraged to apply)
- Proven Experience as a DevOps and/or System Admin at a respectable company.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft 365 solutions including but not limited to Teams, AAD, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of how to manage cloud-hosted servers like AWS, Digital Ocean and managed servers such as Cloudways.
- Experience with deploying local servers at office premises and making them available to the internet is a plus.
- Experience with Domain Acquisition and Management.
- Experience with securing servers from various security threats.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps Methodologies and their tools such as Jira.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and its ecosystem like its themes and plugins.
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as PHP/Python/JS
- Ability to Work with Git Technologies
- A good understanding of email delivery standards such as DMARC, SPF, DKIM, and the upcoming BIMI is a plus.
- Knowledge and eagerness to learn emerging DevOps tools (Spinnaker, Packer, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins)
- Maintain stability and security of our cloud-hosted servers and monitor them.
- Deploy and maintain local servers on office premises
- Create and deploy staging websites and migrate them to live sites
- Maintain Jira and Microsoft 365 systems
- Maintain all other auxiliary services that keep our websites and services running such as SMTP servers, payment servers, SEO tools, cache servers, and so on.
- Maintain a healthy internet connection in our office premises. You will be our liaison to our local ISP.
- Maintain, acquire, and keep records of all office-issued devices (required for work) such as routers and laptops.
- Help developers to write automation scripts and deploy them to CI servers
Other Helpful Skills
- WordPress experience would be of added value
- Any DevOps or System Administrator Certification is considered a plus.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary with timely revisions. Bonus for the dedicated team members.
- Opportunity to build your career in the global Tech industry.
- Access to premium training materials and online courses.
- 5 Working days a week. Saturdays and Sundays are holidays for your personal tasks and family time.
- Annual company retreat to a popular destination in Nepal (we’ve been to Pokhara, Bandipur, Chitwan, and other places) and exciting activities.
- Timely picnic and outing programs. Plus, sports events like futsal tournaments.
- Fun working environment led by young co-founders, friendly team leads, and HR manager.
- A serene working environment with in-house table tennis, badminton court, carrom board, dart board, and chess to play and enjoy the break time.
- Free lunch, snacks, and unlimited tea and coffee.
*** Enlisted job responsibilities and required skills are all inclusive but not limited to the listed points. And, also the candidates who don’t have all skills but are eager to attempt are encouraged to apply.
This vacancy is currently closed. Please check later.