Who are encouraged to apply?
- Experience or knowledge of content writing/SEO copywriting (Priority but not a necessity)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Readiness to learn new skills, accept constructive criticism and feedback
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Aptitude to learn: All the interns must possess a strong will to learn, and we will make sure you reach your targeted goal as well
What to expect from the internship program?
- Improve your technical writing skills (Sentence structure, Flow of writing, Engaging content writing, Creating scannable content)
- Conducting keyword research, monitoring SEO rankings, and optimizing the existing articles to boost traffic
- Post formatting articles on the dashboard and making it publication-ready
- Enhance your Photoshop skills to create clean, crisp, and optimized images
- Opportunity to learn from experienced bloggers
- Introduction to project management tools such as Microsoft Office, Asana, Time Doctor, etc.
- Certification and job placement opportunities for deserving candidates after completion of the internship program
What we offer?
- Dedicated experienced mentors
- Friendly team always ready to help you
- Certification and job offer
- Theoretical and practical knowledge on various technologies: Wireframing, Design Process, Hi-fi Design, HTML, CSS, WordPress, etc.
- Timely refreshment and outing programs
- A serene working environment
- In-house Table Tennis, Badminton Court, Carrom Board, Dart Board and Chess to play and enjoy the break time. (We conduct inter-office tournament time-to-time on different sports)
- Lunch, snacks, unlimited tea, and coffee
- 5 working days a week
What should you include in your resume?
- Link to the previous article (If any)
- Recognizable photo
What qualities make you suitable for this position?
- Dedicated content writer who can independently write SEO-optimized articles, self-edit, and publish them with confidence.
- You’re a natural writer. You can write what’s in your mind without much struggle and continuously write every day.
- You’re a self-motivated, self-starter and results-oriented individual with higher professional values. Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- Readiness to learn new skills and accept feedback from others without taking it personally.
- Team player with really good communication skills and ability to interact with cross-functional teams. Over-communicators are appreciated rather than under-communicators.
- Good time manager and able to work under pressure.
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving abilities. You love helping people to solve their problems.
- You’re an optimistic individual who can see opportunities in obstacles and motivate the team toward that direction.
- Have strong presentation, teaching or training, and persuasion skills.
- Involvement in the WordPress community is a plus. If you aren’t a member, you’ll be after taking this job.
What are your main responsibilities in this job?
- Write beginner-friendly WordPress guides for our blogs (https://themegrill.com/blog/, https://wpeverest.com/blog, and others) by following our content writing guidelines.
- Research and build content strategies to promote our WordPress products better.
- Create images, screenshots, and other types of graphics for the blog articles.
- Edit content by junior and intern writers, guide them to improve their writing, and publish their articles on the blogs.
- Work with the marketing team lead and other marketing team members to achieve periodic and longstanding company goals.
- Closely work with product teams to discuss different marketing strategies and internal collaboration.
- Track the results of content marketing efforts on specified blogs and share reports with the whole team.
- Post on social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and engage users
What skills do you need to pull off this job?
- Compelling marketing content: You can write marketing content and persuade your audience to buy your idea.
- Writing to help: Can explain technical ideas and steps in simple terms so that non-tech-savvy people can understand the ideas and act accordingly.
- Editorial process: Understand the marketing content editorial process; write, review, edit, edit again, and publish according to the content calendar.
- WordPress expertise: Have extensive knowledge and experience of using WordPress platform, themes, and plugins. 2+ Years of experience. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge are a plus.
- SEO: You’re familiar with search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and can implement the best tactics.
- Keyword research: You can independently run keyword research and come up with content ideas beneficial for the company’s marketing goals.
- Familiar with marketing tools: Have experience using marketing tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Semrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- English: Fluency in both verbal and written English. Ability to write Grammar error-free content.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary with timely revisions. High-performing individuals get promoted even before 6 months. Bonus for the dedicated team members.
- Opportunity to build your career in global WordPress industry and digital marketing space.
- Learning opportunities with marketing experts, SEO experts, developers, designers, and plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- 5 Working days a week. Saturdays and Sundays are holidays for your personal tasks and family time.
- Annual company retreat to a popular destination in Nepal (we’ve been to Pokhara, Bandipur, Chitwan, and other places) and exciting activities.
- Timely picnic and outing programs. Plus, sports events like futsal tournaments.
- Fun working environment led by young co-founders, friendly team leads and HR manager.
- A serene working environment with in-house table tennis, badminton court, carrom board, dart board and chess to play and enjoy the break time.
- Free lunch, snacks and unlimited tea and coffee.
Note: This is currently a Work from Home/Office job.
*** Enlisted job responsibilities and required skills are all inclusive but not limited to the listed points. And, also the candidates who don’t have all skills but are eager to attempt are encouraged to apply.