With more and more emphasis on the digital marketing and online websites, no matter which business niche you are related to, there are tons of competitors. And by competitions, we mean more and more attractive and feature-rich websites to steal potential customers away. So what can you do to rank up to the top and be the favorite of your readers and viewers? And the simple answer to this is simply a more visually appealing and attractive website to leave a lasting impression.
When it comes to a website, one of the key elements of the design is the content section. It plays a huge role in keeping your users entertained and turning viewers into loyal users. And this is where Lightbox comes in. An innovative and creative way to showcase your media files! If you don’t know what exactly are those, here is a brief introduction into what it means.
What is WordPress Lightbox? How does it Work?
Lightbox in simple terms means a popup or overlay window that goes over the website and displays your media files. They focus on the picture you choose to display and darken the rest of the page. However, the page is still visible around the edges of the lightbox. This makes sure that the viewer’s attention is drawn to whatever you choose to show them.
Nowadays websites use a lightbox to integrate not only images but to add opt-in forms for newsletters as well as email lists. An advanced and innovative way to make your site more advanced, lightbox seems to have outgrown the old-school methods of doing so. Moreover, adding links to other pages is also more effective because they keep your visitors on the current page.
They are basically JavaScipt, jQuery or CSS3 script that uses the graphical control element called modal window to display your preferred content or images. It basically works using the parent/child mode. The child window when opened darkens the parent window so it is barely visible. And when the user stops the interaction with the child window, the overall window or pop-up stops its actions. And this is the exact mechanism of how a lightbox works.
Best WordPress LightBox Plugins
While there is more than one way to add lightbox to your WordPress site, the easiest and the most effective way to do so is with the help of a WordPress plugin. And simplifying the process of choosing the best one for you, we have made the list of Best WordPress Lightbox Plugins out there. Feel free to try each one of them making sure you find the one that works the best for you!
1. Responsive LightBox (Free)
Responsive Lightbox is a free WordPress Lightbox plugin that allows its users to add lightbox on their site. You can choose from 7 different responsive lightbox scripts and choose the one that works the best for you. Optimized for any screen sizes, this plugin allows your users to easily view larger versions of images or galleries in a pop-up or boxed lightbox layout.
It is also WooCommerce compatible so that it also supports product galleries. In addition to this, you can easily set the image title, caption as well as the description of the media file that you use. It is highly customizable making sure that you can edit them to match your preference.
- Automatic option to add lightbox to WordPress images, galleries, image links as well as video links.
- WooCommerce compatible.
- Visual Composer compatible.
- Gallery and Single Image widget available.
- Highly customizable.
- Option to enter a selector for lightbox.
2. Simple Lightbox (Free)
Simple Lightbox is yet another awesome WordPress Lightbox plugin that you can use to integrate lightbox onto your site. With tons of customizing options, you can easily edit the settings as well. It features a mobile-optimized responsiveness which makes it adjustable on any screen size. The lightbox can also be customized to match the theme of the website.
Furthermore, you can also activate links on the lightbox as well as the widget. In addition to this, this plugin also features keyboard navigation for easier usage. You get infinite possibilities with add-ons as well. Easily create eye-catching and stunning lightbox images and newsletters with ease
- Responsive and pixel perfect resolution.
- Automatic option for activating links and resizing lightboxes.
- Customizable lightbox animations.
- Keyboard navigation available.
- Option to group links and play a slideshow.
- Group Image links by posts.
- Option to display media metadata.
3. ModuloBox (Premium)
Modulobox is a premium WordPress lightbox plugin that is powerful and efficient. It is built on the advanced technologies and modular framework which allow you to create amazing lightbox pop-ups. Optimized for best performance and efficiency, this plugin is probably the best premium option if you are looking for one.
Compatible with all the popular gallery plugins like – JetPack, Envira Gallery as well as NextGen gallery, this plugin allows you to create stunning lightbox pop-ups with ease. The plugin is also versatile and supports images and media files using HTML5 and even YouTube & Vimeo. Get amazing gesture support that enables swift and smooth scrolling and navigation.
- Fully Responsive lightbox galleries and pop-ups.
- Versatile support for embeding media files.
- Compatible with major gallery plugins.
- Multi-touch gesture support.
- Multiple galleries support.
- Social Sharing options.
- Slideshow and Fullscreen mode available.
- Infinite scrolling option.
- Smart resizing and smooth animations.
4. Popup Press (Premium)
Popups Press is an amazing feature-rich WordPress pop-up and lightbox plugin that is the ideal choice to keep your users engaged. The complete pop-up premium plugin that features all the necessary functions, this plugin is certainly an awesome choice. Easy to use and customize, get creative and make your website stand out from the crow. Create unlimited popups that are responsive and elegant.
Insert any type of media files or contents on the popup fast and easy. A simple system statistics also help you keep track. This plugin also features Slider and lightbox supports any media gallery. Fully customizable, you can even create a lightbox to match the color scheme of your whole website.
- Option for Auto-open and Auto-close.
- Statistics available to keep track of your users.
- Supports multiple contents and media files.
- Compatible with all forms of content.
- Shortcodes available for easy use.
- Premium and dedicated support.
- Highly customizable.
- Regular updates.
5. FooBox Image Lightbox (Free)
FooBox Image Lightbox is yet another stunning WordPress lightbox plugin that allows you to add creative and innovative lightbox pop-ups on your site. With responsive and visually astonishing effects, the lightbox with this plugin is sure to catch anyone’s attention. Not only this but you can even customize each of the elements to make sure it matches your theme’s interface.
- Responsive design layout.
- Zero configuration as well as easy installation.
- Compatible with all the gallery plugins.
- Control option to exclude or include JS and CSS assets.
- Compatible with captioned images.
- Metabox available.
- Color schemes available.
- Pro Version also available.
6. Quick View (Premium)
Another amazing premium WordPress lightbox plugin that we absolutely love is Quick View. An Ajax loading plugin for posts and page this plugin allows users to open any content in a lightbox style. Fast and efficient, this plugin is sure to make your website more attractive with mesmerizing visual effects. Customize each part of the lightbox to your preference in a matter of minutes.
Choose from all the options and variations of lightbox templates and choose the one that best suits your theme. It also features amazing animation effects you can add. Not only this, but the lightbox is responsive and pixel-perfect. Unique and modern this plugin allows the users to create unique and modern looking lightbox with ease.
- 11 different Lightbox templates to choose from.
- 7 amazing animation effects.
- Unique and modern interface.
- 4 lightbox sizes to choose from.
- One-Click installation.
- Custom CSS and CSS selector.
- Back to Top button available.
- Visual Composer elements available.
- WordPress shortcodes compatible.
7. Revolution Lightbox (Premium)
Yet another visually-appealing and feature-rich WordPress lightbox plugin, Revolution Lightbox is a premium plugin. With tons of amazing and advanced features, it allows you to create innovative and fully responsive lightbox pop-ups that you can integrate into your website. It supports iFrame, AJAX as well as Vimeo, YouTube, images as well as HTML contents to display.
Packed with tons of amazing features, this plugin is the ideal choice. It is also built on high-performance as well as flexible. The plugin is also cross-browser compatible and really easy to customize. Say goodbye to all the difficult coding and digital knowledge required, as this plugin features a user-friendly aspect to it making sure it is easy to use.
- Mobile and device optimized
- Supports all file types.
- Option to open lightbox from anywhere on the page.
- Two different skins to choose from.
- Shortcode generator available.
- Customizable and easy to use
- Option to edit border size, color and drop shadows.
- Visual effects available.
- Options for deep linking.
8. ARI Fancy Lightbox (Premium)
Looking for a premium WordPress plugin that fulfills all your requirements? Try ARI Fancy Lightbox, a simple and powerful plugin to add lightbox to your website. In addition to the stunning layout, this plugin creates lightboxes that are responsive and feature-rich. It adjusts to any kind of device screen and makes sure that your users are hooked on your content.
With support for images, videos as well as other major gallery plugins and video platforms, this plugin is the answer to all your needs. Easy to use with no need of any additional coding or modification, this WordPress lightbox plugin is the perfect choice for you! It even works with the WordPress native or JetPack galleries that work out of the box!
- Fancy and responsive lightbox.
- Supports all media file type.
- Cross-browser compatible
- Option to load titles for images.
- WooCommerce integrated.
- Splash Pop-up create option.
- Deep linking compatible.
- Shortcodes available.
9. WP Video Lightbox (Free)
Last but not the least, another Free WordPress lightbox plugin that we love is certainly the WP video-lightbox. Easily allowing users to embed videos on a page or posts, this plugin is the perfect lightbox plugin you can find out there. Display images, contents, Flash as well as YouTube and Vimeo files with ease in a responsive and attractive lightbox!
You can customize each element including the size, expansion, width as well as the height. In addition to this plugins also gives you the full control over the Opacity as well as the animation speed. Almost as great as a premium plugin, you can create any type of lightbox pop-ups with ease. And the best part is no coding or digital knowledge is required.
- Fully Customizable lightboxes.
- Support for any media file type.
- Full control over the display settings.
- Autoplay option available.
- Keyboard shortcuts available.
- Deep linking compatible.
- Horizontal Padding option.
- Responive and stunning lightbox appearance.
Wrapping it Up!
Like we have mentioned above, Lightbox popups is a creative and appealing way to catch your user’s attention. Use a lightbox to integrate not only images but to add opt-in forms for newsletters as well as email lists. An advanced and innovative way to make your site more advanced, lightbox has now taken over the mainstream way to display any media files.
And with our list of the amazing WordPress lightbox plugins, we hope you all have now made an incredible addition of lightbox. Each of the plugins has been chosen to give our users the best online experience.
Liked the article? Why not check out more of our amazing list of useful WordPress plugins below?
- 5 Best WordPress Shopping Cart Plugins !
- 8 Best WordPress Survey Plugins to add surveys to your site!
- 5 Amazing WordPress Rich Snippets Plugins !