If you own a website, then it is most likely that you will need many essential elements for it. One of them being a form. May it be a business, corporate, eCommerce or even a blog website, there will come a time when you’ll need a form in your website. You can use these forms for multiple personal, business or promotional purposes. From building your subscriptions for newsletters to promoting your products and growing your audience, you’ll need an efficient form for your viewers and your website.
You also need to make sure that the form that you’re using has to attract a lot of visitors. So, your form must be balanced with good design and great features. The features might include useful form fields, text boxes, radio buttons, drop-down menus, checkboxes, and so on. Along with these features, your form must have a good overall design too. Use of background images, a variety of colors and Google fonts are a few of the factors that will help you to get a beautiful form appearance and typography.
Creating a form from scratch can be a really long process. So, many website owners now use WordPress form builder plugins to get the job done. With the help of WordPress form builder plugins, different types of forms can be created that are needed for your website. These plugins enable you to use their functionalities to create a form you need and want for your website.
In this article, we have created a list of 9 best WordPress form builder plugins for you. You can easily add any types of form you want for your website using them. This includes Contact forms, login forms, subscription forms, sign-up forms or more. From Free to Premium we have made sure to scourge through to find our users the best one out there. They have been well tested and meets the requirements and expectations of all our users in general.
1. Everest Forms:
Everest Forms is a powerful WordPress form builder plugin developed by WPEverest. It is one of the best plugins you can use when it comes to building a form for your WordPress website. This plugin is very easy to use as you can easily drag and drop the form fields you need in your form. It also enables you to create any type of form with a stylish design that will help you to attract more audience to your website. This plugin is the best option for you to create any kind of form.
This plugin also has a number of features that you will ever need to build a form. Apart from the drag and drop interface for the ease of use, it also has multiple column support. You can add more than one columns for the form fields in your form. Using this plugin, you can also create an unlimited amount of forms. There is no restriction to the number of forms that you can create. It’s the same with the form fields too. If you don’t want to build the entire form on your own, then you are also provided with two templates that you can choose from.
- 100% Mobile Responsive, can be used on any device of any screen size.
- ReCaptcha Supported, because you don’t want spammers.
- Shortcode, place your form anywhere you want on your website.
- Translation Ready, can be translated into any language you want.
- Categorized Fields, categorized form fields to make them easier to find.
While creating a form for your website, you might think of hiring a developer for it. Let us inform you that you don’t need to do that. You can just add the WPForms plugin. It is a WordPress form builder plugin that will help you to create a professional form without the need for a developer. This plugin has been developed with the primary focus for excellent user experience. So it is well equipped with a drag and drop interface. This will help you to create a form in no time without the need for coding.
This plugin also has a number of form templates that you can use for your form. It saves a lot of your time on creating a new form. There is also an instant smart notification feature in this plugin. This will help your team to respond quickly to your website users. It also has easy payment solutions for your forms with the help of add-ons for PayPal and Stripe. You can also add the geolocation data to your form to know more about your users with this plugin.
- Smart Conditional Logic, to create high-performance forms.
- Responsive Mobile Friendly, use it on mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- Spam Protection, with the use of Captcha and Honeypot.
- File Upload, allow users to upload files.
- Multi-page Forms, convert long forms into multiple forms.
3. Ninja Forms:
With over 1 million active downloads and good ratings and reviews, there is no doubt that this is one of the best WordPress form builder plugins. It gives you a very easy and flexible experience to build a form for your website. You can easily create a form in no time and add it on your website in multiple ways. You can add the form through shortcodes, widgets or even a template function. Furthermore, it is a completely free plugin in which the add-ons they provide come with a 14-day money back guarantee.
This plugin has no limitation to the number of forms, fields, emails, actions, and so on for you to use. It also gives you the option to modify your form field and save it as a favorite to reuse it later. This feature can be seen on very few WordPress form builder plugins. With the help of this plugin, you will also be able to manage, edit and export form submissions. There is also a wide range of add-ons that you can add in this plugin. These extensions can help you take care of numerous tasks in your website like online payments, multipart forms, file uploads and so on.
- Favorite Fields, modify and save your form fields to reuse it later.
- Well Documented, go to the documentation on any problems using it.
- Calculation, automated calculations for payment in your website.
- Form Styles, comes with a lot of layouts and customizations for form styles.
- Conditional Logic, automatically changes the form based on the input.
4. Formidable Forms:
Formidable Forms is a highly adaptable and flexible WordPress form builder plugin. You can easily create a well-functioning form with the help of this plugin. This form builder not only helps you to collect data but can also create listings or directories based on the collected data. You can also format, filter and display the submitted data from the forms. The data can be displayed in the custom views.
Using the Formidable Forms, you can also add pages and posts on your WordPress website using the data from the form. They can be added with the WordPress front-end posting. You can also split complex or extremely long forms to multi-page forms with the help of this plugin. There are also fields to double check the email addresses or passwords in this WordPress form builder plugin. This is a very useful form field if you want new users to register on your website or allow the current users to change these details.
- Multiple File Upload, upload multiple files to your form.
- Email Notifications, receive notifications with each form submissions.
- Visual Form Stylers, wide ranges of customizations to style your form.
- WCAG Accessible, compliant and available to anyone.
- Automatic Form Filling, save time and increase form conversions.
5. Gravity Forms:
Gravity Forms is one of the easiest solutions for you to build a form in WordPress. It is a premium WordPress form builder plugin with which you can create your own form for your website in minutes. All you need to do is select the fields you want in your form and configure your options. Then you can embed the form you just created wherever you want on your website. Like most forms, it is very easy to use, but you can make a very attractive form with the help of its visual form editor.
This plugin is also packed with many features that are essential to make your form. It has 30+ form fields that you can use. You can choose the fields you want and get a well functioning form for your website. It also has conditional logic which allows you to show or hide fields, sections, pages or even submit buttons on user selections. This will help you to manage the information you want from your users to your website.
- Email Notification, to let you know immediately that a form is submitted.
- File Upload, your users can upload documents, images or any other files.
- Save and Continue, useful when you are creating an elaborated form.
- Calculation Abilities, perform calculations based on submitted form fields.
- Fight Spams, with the help of reCaptcha and Akismet options.
6. Form Maker by 10Web
The name of this plugin itself tranlates to a form builder. Hence, Form Maker is a WordPress form builder plugin which can be a great companion to you for building forms. You can create a lot of complex forms with just a few clicks with the help of this plugin. To asssist you in this, it has a very responsive mobile friendly design. So, your website visitors won’t have any problem while using it on various mobile devices, laptops, tablets, and desktops. It also has 43 different custom form fields that you can use to create any type of form on your website.
Form Maker also provides you with easy embedding options. Hence, you can embed your form as popups, top bars or scroll bloxes with this WordPress form builder. There are also a number of prebuilt form templates with this plugin. So, you can choose the one you like which can save a lot of time on building your form from scratch. The submissions can also be managed easily with auto replies, track and export entries, and so on with this plugin. Therefore, your work is made even more effortless with the help of this form builder.
- 43 Field Types, to help you create any type of form.
- Easy Embedding Options, forms can be displayed as popups, scroll boxes, or top bars.
- Prebuilt Form Templates, 5 form templates to save you a ton of time.
- Manage Submissions, track and export entries and automatic email replies.
- Conditional Logic, build forms with complex conditional logic.
If you want to save a lot of time while creating your form, then weForms is one of the best solutions for you. It is a WordPress form builder plugin with which a fully functioning form can be made easily in minutes. You don’t need to bother about the degradation of the performance too while creating the form with this plugin. It is extremely fast as it works everything on a single page. To make your work even faster, it also has form templates that you can use to create a form right away.
You can have a lot of components and elements that will be quite useful for your form with this WordPress form builder plugin. It has a drag and drop interface. So you can simply add the form fields that you need on your website without any trouble. You can also create different types of forms with the help of this form builder. These may include contact forms, tell a friend, user registration, loan and volunteer applications and many more.
- 18+ Modules, to increase the functionalities.
- Shortcodes, put the form anywhere you want.
- Responsive Design, can be used on any handheld devices.
- Drag and Drop, use it with live preview.
- Easy Interface, a powerful and simple user interface.
8. Happy Forms:
If you own a website, then you would want to keep your customers and viewers satisfied and happy. You can do this by giving great services from your website. You can also keep them satisfied by increasing the interaction with them. To do this, Happy Forms is the best WordPress form builder plugin for you. You can develop a fully useful and interactive form with the help of this plugin in very less time.
Happy Forms can help you to start more conversations with your audience. You get a form builder with a live preview to customize the form with Happy Forms. To make it even easier to customize the forms, you also get a drag and drop interface. This plugin also helps you to avoid spam messages. So, you don’t need to go through the troubles of handling the spam messages. In addition, you can manage customer messages easily on your website without any hassle with its features.
- Unlimited Forms, use an unlimited amount of form and form fields.
- Mobile Responsive, can be used on any device without affecting performance.
- Drag and Drop Interface, for easy customization.
- Easy Setup, setup your plugin in less than 5 minutes.
- Multiple Forms, add multiple forms on one page.
RegistrationMagic is a WordPress form builder plugin through which you can easily create customized WordPress forms effortlessly. These forms can be of anything from user registration, payment acceptance, track submissions, and so on. This is also one of the best WordPress form plugins as you can manage the users through it as well. You can easily assign user roles with the help of this plugin too. Similarly, it can be helpful to analyze the stats as well.
RegistrationMagic also has a powerful feature for payment options as payments for paid user registration can be set up too. There are other options for registration also like reset passwords, check transactions, and download submissions. Furthermore, the plugin takes no time to set up. It has 2 form styles along with 3 layout options. They are designed to give your form the best appearance possible. Hence, you can combine these layouts and styles to create a fantastic form for your WordPress website.
- 2 Form Styles and 3 Form Layouts, save a lot of time designing the form.
- User Management Module, manage and assign roles to users.
- Registration Approval System, can prevent spam registrations.
- Custom Stats Guide, helpful to monitor and analyze the stats.
- GDPR and Privacy Laws, excellent privacy control to your users.
Wrapping it up:
We have listed the best WordPress form builder plugins through which you can build a form for your website. Out of these plugins, we are sure that you’ll find a form builder that will fill your necessities. But, keep in mind that although most of these plugins are free, the add-ons and extensions that they include might cost you some price. So, we would advise you to select these add-ons wisely.
Additionally, most of the WordPress themes nowadays do come with inbuilt forms as well. So, selecting a good theme can also be quite beneficial to create forms in your website. You can use both the WordPress plugins as well as themes to create awesome forms for your website. We hope that you found this article helpful. Here are some more articles that you might find interesting too.
- 5 best WordPress Contact Form Plugins
- How to create WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 best WooCommerce Registration Plugin