Are you looking for the best WordPress booking plugins to set up a booking system for your website? If yes, you’ve come to the right place.
Rather than creating a booking system from scratch, it’s much more efficient to use booking plugins instead.
Whether you run a hotel, venue, medical establishment, or just about any type of website where bookings and appointments are required, these plugins will help you set up a booking system quickly.
That’s why we’ve listed some of the best WordPress booking plugins for you in this article.
Before we jump into the list, let’s first understand why you need to use them.
Why Use WordPress Booking Plugins?
First and foremost, a WordPress appointment plugin adds an entire booking system to your website.
This consists of a booking form and calendar so that your customers can easily book, schedule, or make an appointment for the services or products you provide on your website.
Naturally, this eliminates the need for you to code a booking system on your own.
Furthermore, these booking plugins also have a lot of prebuilt features such as notification and reminder systems, payment gateway compatibility, etc.
They’re necessary for the smooth management of the bookings from the admin side.
This not only saves you time but also unnecessary effort. So, you can see why it’s a wise idea to use a WordPress reservation plugin for your site.
With that being said, it’s time we explore the 15 best WordPress booking plugins on our list.
If you have any problem installing any of these plugins, please have a look at our guide to installing WordPress plugins. Make sure that you also have one of the best WordPress themes before you add the plugins.
15 Best WordPress Booking Plugins
1. Amelia (Freemium)
If you’re looking for feature-rich WordPress booking plugins, try Amelia. It’s an extremely useful tool for incorporating an appointment or booking system into your website.
Setting up a booking system is made even easier by the shortcodes that Amelia provides. So, you can display events, booking forms, and appointments on any page or post you like.
And the best thing is that Amelia provides 3 built-in blocks you can use in the Gutenberg editor.
- Automatically prevent double booking
- Flexible appointment management page for the admin
- Notify customers of changes in appointment status
- PayPal and Stripe integration for payment gateways
- Location options provided for booking
Price: Free or $42 for a Basic Plan
2. WP Travel Engine (Freemium)
With 10,000+ active installations, WP Travel Engine is one of the popular tour and travel booking plugins for WordPress.
This plugin enables adding tour details, galleries, itineraries, trip facts, trip prices, and more to your travel booking website without breaking a sweat.
Further, it comes with an advanced trip search and filter to allow customers to find the most suitable trip based on destinations, budget, duration, etc.
Besides, your customers can easily book online and you can quickly accept payments, as WP Travel Engine also supports a wide range of secure payment gateways.
It’s just the tip of the iceberg for you can do much more with the extensions of this plugin. For instance, you can show available dates and seats, offer discounts, add extra services, and so on.
- Create and sell an unlimited number of tours
- Smart travel booking system
- Inquiry form on the trip page
- Email notifications for every trip booking
Price: Free or $99.50/year for Personal Plan
3. Everest Forms (Freemium)
Even though Everest Forms is originally a form builder plugin, it’s perfectly capable of being a WordPress booking plugin too.
That’s because you’ll be able to create a simple or advanced booking form using its drag-and-drop form builder.
Now, if you’re using the premium version of Everest Forms, you won’t even have to build a booking form from scratch. It comes with a premade booking form template which you can easily customize with its countless customization options.
- Separate dashboard page to view entries
- Two column support
- Use smart conditional logic in forms
- Integration with email marketing tools
- Style forms with the form designer
Price: Free or $49 for a Personal Plan
4. Booking Calendar (Freemium)
Booking Calendar is one of the most popular WordPress booking plugins.
It offers an easy-to-use booking system that enables you to show the availability of property or services and receive bookings. Thanks to that, the free version of the plugin has garnered over 60,000 active installations.
You can let users book your services for a number of days or a specific time slot.
After a booking is made, the admin gets a notification and is able to approve or decline the booking.
- Customizable designs for the calendar
- Responsive frontend and backend interface
- Set default date formats for your site
- Booking Calendar blocks for Gutenberg editor
- Prevents double booking
Price: Free or $47.40 for a Personal Version
5. WP Simple Booking Calendar (Freemium)
As the name itself suggests, WP Simple Booking Calendar is one of the simplest WordPress booking plugins. Despite its simplicity, it packs pretty robust features for a booking system.
You can use this plugin to let your users book any piece of property like rental homes, offices, holiday homes, and more.
Along with that, the plugin lets you create a calendar and easily embed it on your website for your users to view.
And since you get to list your availability on your site, the users can easily find a suitable schedule and book the property.
You can even sync the calendar with Airbnb, Booking.com, and other booking services.
- User management options
- Backup and restore calendars and data
- Hide booking history from visitors
- WordPress multisite support
Price: Free or $39 for a Personal Plan
6. Bookly (Freemium)
Another popular booking plugin with over 50,000 active installations is Bookly.
Given its awesome automated booking systems, it’s not hard to see why. Using this plugin, you’re able to automate your website’s entire booking and reservation system.
Additionally, the booking interface is completely responsive, meaning that it works on any screen size.
Not only is Bookly time-saving for customers, but the navigation through your calendars and booking appointments is also quite user-friendly.
- Manage the appointment calendar from the admin panel
- Filter, search, and sort through the booking list
- Email and SMS notifications to confirm bookings
- SMS reminder for upcoming bookings
- Display time slots in the customers’ time zones
Price: Free or $89 for a Lifetime License
7. WordPress Hotel Booking (Premium)
A complete solution for any hotel room rental business, WordPress Hotel Booking, has the perfect booking and appointment options for your website.
You can list all available accommodations or services on your website. Visitors can then view the listing and directly book online reservations.
Apart from that, one of its highlighting features is its streamlined guest experience.
This feature lets you provide a rich property presentation with amenities, descriptions, image galleries, rates, prices, and more, for the best guest experience.
- Sync with travel platforms like Airbnb
- User-friendly appointment search form
- Real-time availability on calendars
- Multiple booking options per session
- Custom fields for advanced property search
Price: $89 for a Single Site License
8. Booked (Premium)
Booked is one of the best premium WordPress booking plugins you can use for your website.
Using this plugin, you’ll be able to accept bookings from both registered and guest users. You can also create multiple calendars with custom fields if that’s what your business needs.
Furthermore, Booked allows you to integrate the eCommerce plugin, WooCommerce, into the booking system.
That means your customers can checkout and pay for the appointments they’ve booked in a secure manner.
- Display appointments in Apple Calendar, Outlook, etc.
- Assign calendars to booking agents
- Custom fields and time slots for bookings
- Display the calendar as a shortcode or widget
- User-friendly customer login and profiles
Price: $29 for a Regular License
9. Appointment Hour Booking (Free)
Next on our list of WordPress appointment plugins is Appointment Hour Booking, a tool you can use to schedule easy bookings for your customers.
Moreover, you can set a start time and specify the duration for each booking a visitor makes. The user has complete control over which start time to choose while booking an appointment.
What’s more, Appointment Hour Booking automatically calculates a set of starting times based on your business’ open hours. Then, users can choose a suitable time slot from this set of available schedules.
- Automatic price calculation
- Customizable admin and user email notifications
- Printable appointments list
- Easy visual confirmation for calendar dates
- Multiple services can be selected for each booking
Price: Free or €5.99/month for a Professional Plan
10. Advanced Booking Calendar (Freemium)
Designed for anyone in the hotel business, Advanced Booking Calendar is one of the best WordPress booking plugins available in the market.
This plugin enables your customers to book residency in your hotels through an online booking system.
The visitors can check for the availability of your rooms through a front-end calendar. Even better, you get individual calendars for each room type you own.
You can create calendars for up to 15 rooms. So, it becomes quite easy for visitors to find an unoccupied room and book one quickly.
- Fully responsive backend and frontend
- Bookings stored in your WordPress database
- Manage prices with seasons and room types
- Accept or reject bookings
- Availability check widget
Price: Free or €65/year for a Single WordPress Page License
11. Simply Schedule Appointments (Freemium)
Simply Schedule Appointments is a freemium WordPress schedule plugin that brings awesome booking and appointment features to the table.
It’s suitable for any type of business since it supports a wide range of appointments.
For example, online schools can schedule classes for their students, employers can schedule video meetings, hair salons can schedule service times, and so on.
Also, since Simple Schedule Appointments doesn’t use a third-party plugin to keep track of your schedules, you own all the data regarding your appointments and customers.
- Quick and easy setup for a booking system
- Google Calendar integration for appointments
- User-friendly interface for customers to book appointments
- Fully responsive design for appointment bookings
- Compatible with major WordPress plugins
Price: Free or $99 for Plus Edition
12. Pinpoint Booking System (Freemium)
For any business wanting to let their customers make reservations directly from the website, Pinpoint Booking System is one of the best WordPress booking plugins for that.
You can display an AJAX booking calendar on the frontend, through which users will be able to book an appointment.
The calendar being AJAX-powered contributes to a greater user experience since every user action is completed without the need for reloading the calendar page.
Moreover, the clients can book their appointments directly from the calendar, making the whole process even more intuitive.
- Export reservation details in CSV, JSON, XLS, and ICS formats
- Day and night reservation system
- Add extra amenities like discounts or vouchers if required
- Flexible administration area
- Booking options with time slots and hour intervals
Price: Free or $70 for a Personal Plan
13. WooCommerce Easy Booking (Freemium)
Do you have a WooCommerce store where you’re planning to rent out specific products? If your answer is yes, then WooCommerce Easy Booking is the perfect plugin for you.
Using this plugin, you can let your customers rent the products for a certain during of time.
Besides that, you get plenty of customization options to structure your store’s product booking system any way you want.
For instance, you can set the maximum and minimum booking durations for your clients. You can also set the system to Day or Night mode as you see fit.
- Filters and action hooks for developers
- Price calculation feature
- Stock management per date
- Responsive calendar design for mobile devices
- 40+ languages for frontend calendar
Price: Free or €79
14. WP Booking System (Freemium)
WP Booking System is one of the easy-to-use WordPress booking plugins. This WordPress schedule plugin will help you handle an appointment system with the least amount of effort.
You can display all the available time slots on a calendar at the frontend of your website. Plus, it offers a form builder to help you create and set up a booking form in no time.
Furthermore, WP Booking System uses a lightweight framework. So, you don’t have to worry about this plugin adding extra load to your database and slowing down your website.
- Multilanguage support
- Use Gutenberg block to embed the calendar
- Show booked dates along with booking legends
- Accept online and offline payments
- Save extra booking information
Price: Free or $49 for a Personal Plan
15. Team Booking (Premium)
Last but not least, we have Team Booking on our list of the best WordPress booking plugins. This innovative plugin allows you to integrate Google Calendar into Team Booking.
Thus, all you have to do is create an event in Google Calendar, which will generate a bookable slot on your website.
The visitors can view and book the slot if it’s suitable for them. After that, the event you created in Google Calendar is updated with the reservation details from your website. Easy as that!
- Automatic timezone detection
- PayPal and Stripe integration
- Automatic Zoom virtual meetings creation after reservation
- Approval and cancellation systems for admin and customers respectively
- Create promotional coupons and campaigns
Price: $39 for a Regular License
If you need an appointment booking system for your business, WordPress booking plugins are the best tools.
You can create a complete booking system with calendars, reservation forms, notifications, and payment gateways without any hassle.
The plugins listed above offer every feature necessary to help you set up your own online booking system.
Most of these plugins are freemium, so if you’re not satisfied with the free versions, you can upgrade to the paid versions of them.
If you’re unsure which one to choose, we recommend Everest Forms.
Using this plugin, you’ll be able to create a booking form in no time using its drag-and-drop builder. Plus, you can integrate payment gateways to collect booking fees directly.
To continue reading other WordPress-related articles, head on over to our blog.