Looking for a SiteGround hosting review to decide whether it’s a good hosting company or not? Confused if you should use it for WordPress? If so, this article is for you.
Web hosting is simply a space on a web server that you buy from hosting companies. It plays a huge role in how your site functions since it affects the overall speed, security, and performance of your website. Thus, you should choose the best hosting providers that offer the best hosting services.
Like SiteGround, which is one of the highest-rated web hosting company offering a variety of feature-rich hosting plans at a reasonable price.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed review of SiteGround hosting to help you figure out if it is a good hosting company or not. So, let’s get started.
Introduction to SiteGround
SiteGround is a popular web hosting platform that was founded in 2004. Today, it’s trusted by the owners of 2,000,000+ domains worldwide. Moreover, it’s crafted for easy website management as it offers tools and services for seamless site-building.
It’s officially recommended by both WordPress as well as WooCommerce. Further, it comes with powerful in-house solutions like fully managed services, technical superiority, and constant security monitoring. These solutions help to make your website fast and secure.
Likewise, it provides different services such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, domain registration, etc. It even offers managed WordPress hosting for its clients. So, you can choose the services as per your preference and start your journey with SiteGround.
Hosting Plans and Features of SiteGround
SiteGround has five different hosting plans for website owners like you. Each of these plans are targeted to a specific type of website requirement.
Let’s list out the plans and look at their features to get a complete understanding of SiteGround hosting.
1. Web Hosting
Web hosting is a fast and secure hosting service specifically targeted to personal and business sites. So, if you’re planning to start your business website, they have a variety of features to support your needs.
- Free drag & drop Weebly site builder
- Easy domain management
- Free Content Management System (CMS) installation
- User-friendly site tools
- Top-notch security
2. WordPress Hosting
SiteGround offers managed WordPress hosting solutions that are powerful yet simple to use. These hosting plans are specifically aimed at customers who want to start a WordPress based website. Thus, if you’re thinking of starting a WordPress website, this plan is for you.
- Free WordPress installation
- WordPress auto-updates
- Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- SG Optimizer plugin integration
- Free automated WordPress transfer
3. WooCommerce Hosting
WooCommerce hosting is a specific web hosting service designed to help you start your store and sell online. It has plenty of WooCommerce related features that assist you to grow your eCommerce website.
- Pre-installed WooCommerce
- Free Shopping Cart install
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) for security
- Safe staging tool
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
4. Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting is a dedicated hosting plan perfect for taking your business site to the next level. When your website starts growing, the shared hosting solutions may not be enough for better functioning. In that case, you need to shift your website to cloud hosting to maintain its performance and speed level.
- Free dedicated servers for better efficiency
- Unlimited hosting accounts
- Free Cloudflare Content Delivery Network (CDN) service
- Site management tools available
- Free SSL certificate
5. Web Hosting for Agencies
Web hosting for agencies is a hosting package that lets you seamlessly build, ship, and manage multiple sites. It has an automated site setup wizard through which you can easily create a new website. Moreover, you can also ship the sites to clients in just a few clicks.
- Free site builder
- SuperCacher for great speed
- WordPress Starter plugin integration
- File manager, FTP manager to upload and manage content
- Powerful site tools available
Other SiteGround Features
Now, let’s discuss some of the other features that SiteGround offers:
- Domain Names: You can easily register a new domain name for your website.
- Unmetered Traffic: The price you pay each month does not depend on the amount of traffic to your website.
- Daily Backup: They automatically perform daily backups and save 30 copies on your account.
- Free Email: You can create professional email addresses with your website domain without any cost.
- Free WP Migrator: Easily migrate your WordPress sites using the WordPress Migrator plugin.
- Managed WordPress: All of their plans include WordPress installation, WP Starter site-building wizard, auto-updates, and expert WordPress support.
Next up in our review, let’s evaluate the overall SiteGround hosting performance.
Well, SiteGround is a great hosting platform with excellent performance. It has an average of 99.99% uptime in the past 12 months, making it one of the most reliable hosts available.
Additionally, it offers very high speed and ensures that your website load time is minimum. As it comes with a free CDN, your users will experience swift loading times despite how far apart they are from the main server.
On top of that, all SiteGround servers are now hosted on the Google Cloud platform. They also have UltraFast PHP and SG Optimizer WordPress plugin included in the hosting. Hence, these additions help to improve the performance of SiteGround hosted websites.
Ease of Use
SiteGround is an intuitive hosting platform, meaning you’ll find it extremely easy to use. You can easily sign up with SiteGround through its one-page sign-up process.
It also has a fast hosting account activation process. Hence, you can start building your website quickly without any difficulty.
Moreover, it has a cPanel control panel and dashboard from where you can control your overall website. With its easy-to-use interface, you’ll be able to manage your hosting account and domain name effortlessly. And in case you get confused in any step, the support team is always ready to assist you.
Similarly, if you want to install any apps or a CMS, you’re able to do it with ease. You can also install WordPress automatically with one click. Further, you can migrate your WordPress website smoothly as it offers a free automated migration feature.
SiteGround Pricing Plans
It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or looking to grow your site, SiteGround offers various hosting packages at affordable prices.
For a clearer picture, let’s review the pricing structures of the different hosting plans available with SiteGround.
1. Web Hosting
This web hosting plan has three different pricing structures.
- StartUp Plan: $14.99/month for a single website
- GrowBig Plan: $24.99/month for 2 websites
- GoGeek Plan: $39.99/month for 5 websites
2. Managed WordPress Hosting
WordPress hosting plan offers three different price structures to help you start your new WordPress site.
- StartUp Plan: $14.99/month for 1 website
- GrowBig Plan: $24.99/month for 2 websites
- GoGeek Plan: 39.99/month for 5 websites
3. WooCommerce Hosting
With WooCommerce hosting, you can choose from three different pricing plans and build your online store.
- StartUp Plan: $14.99/month for hosting 1 website
- GrowBig Plan: $24.99/month for hosting 2 websites
- GoGeek Plan: $39.99/month for hosting 5 websites
4. Managed Cloud Hosting
You’ll get four different cloud hosting plans with SiteGround.
- Jump Start Plan: $100/month for easy start on the cloud
- Business Plan: $200/month for optimal cloud experience
- Business Plus Plan: $300/month for advanced performance
- Super Power Plan: $400/month for premium server power
5. Web Hosting for Agencies
SiteGround has three different pricing plans for WooCommerce hosting to build your eCommerce site.
- GrowBig Plan: $24.99/month
- GoGeek Plan: $39.99/month
- Cloud Plan: $100.00/month
These are the various pricing structures that SiteGround offers. The good news is that they all come with a 30 days money-back guarantee. So, if you’re unsatisfied with their hosting and cancel your plan within 30 days, you can get a full refund.
Customer support is an important aspect that you just can’t miss when you review a hosting company like SiteGround.
With SiteGround, you’ll get expert hosting support. They have a customer care team who are fast, multi-skilled, and helpful. Also, they are eager to help you and are available 24/7. That’s why they are among the highest-rated support squads online.
Further, they provide fast and efficient solutions to your problems. Through their auto channel recommendation feature, you get the fastest and most relevant channel recommendation as per your specific request.
They also have a fast response time and give 90% problem resolution at first contact.
Similarly, this hosting provider has multiple help channels available to support you. With the instant self-help option, you can submit your inquiry and get automated solutions without waiting. Likewise, through the live help feature, you get access to live chat, phone support, and the helpdesk tickets option.
Hence, SiteGround comes with strong support options to assist you in the journey of starting a website. They have capable and well-prepared people in their support team who are friendly and hold a positive attitude.
SiteGround’s reliability is reflected in all the customer reviews it receives.
As per the reviews on Trustpilot as of now,
- 5% of the users rate the SiteGround experience as Bad.
- 1% of the users rate the SiteGround experience as Poor.
- Less than 1% of the users rate the SiteGround experience as Average.
- 1% of the users rate the SiteGround experience as Great.
- 92% of the users rate the SiteGround experience as Excellent.
So, these statistics show that SiteGround users have a high rate of satisfaction, indicating a pretty good user experience. However, some users also complain that its customer services are slowly being downgraded.
Furthermore, when we view the customer review section on the official SiteGround page, this hosting solution has 5 out of 5 ratings.
All in all, it’s a hosting platform highly recommended by its users. And it’s trusted by clients and industry experts who are popular in the field of WordPress.
Pros and Cons of SiteGround
Like every other platform, SiteGround’s bound to a have a few pros and cons of its own.
So, here’s a brief list of the advantages and drawbacks of using this service to host your website.
- Super-fast servers
- Best up-time, security, and speed
- Free WordPress installation and migration
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate and CDN
- Excellent customer support
- Free daily backups and reports available on all plans
- Beginner to advanced level features
- Higher renewal charges
- Need to buy a domain name
- Fixed storage capacity
- Each plan is designed to host a limited number of sites
- Only Linux based servers available
To summarize this review, SiteGround is a popular hosting company that offers a variety of web hosting services. Its hosting plans have different features and price structures catered towards all kinds of website owners.
Besides, SiteGround’s WordPress hosting plan is just what you need to get your WordPress site up and running in no time. You can also switch to other plans as your website starts to grow since its price structure is quite reasonable and affordable.
However, unlike other hosting providers like Bluehost, it doesn’t provide a free domain name. Also, you’ll have to pay high charges while renewing your pricing plan.
So, deciding if SiteGround is the best hosting solution for your WordPress site or not completely depends upon the needs of your website. You can also explore other hosting platforms like Hostinger before you make a decision.
Well, that’s it for our review on SiteGround hosting. But don’t stop here! If interested, you can go through our blog to read up on other WordPress-related topics.