Do you want to know the best learning management system examples to use the one for your site? If so, this article is just for you.
Learning Management System (LMS) is a software or web-based technology developed for planning, executing, and evaluating the learning process. They’ve made learning easier for learners and provided a platform for educators to share knowledge.
However, with so many LMS options available, choosing the best LMS platform is a bit tough. Thus, keeping this scenario in mind, we’ve come up with the 15 best learning management system examples.
But before we start, let’s briefly discuss what a learning management system is.
What is a Learning Management System (LMS)?
Learning Management System (LMS), is a software application used to plan, create, manage, and deliver online learning. It provides all the necessary functions and features to create an online course for instructors and a good learning environment for students.
Using an LMS, you can create and sell courses online to earn money, conduct training programs for employees, and do much more. You can conduct both formal and informal learning using an LMS. Also, you can efficiently deliver learning content through videos and audio and take online assessments as well.
You can check our complete guide to create an LMS site and get started with LMS. Meanwhile, let’s find some of the best examples of learning management systems.
15 Best Learning Management System Examples for 2022
First, on our list, we have Masteriyo – the best LMS solution for creating and selling online courses. We have taken it as one of the best learning management system examples because it’s beginner-friendly, letting you build online courses in no time.
Masteriyo LMS is a complete package for course creation, membership handling, payment handling, and many more. Since React JS powers the plugin, it’s super smooth and easy to set up, create courses, add lessons to the course, and create quizzes.
Furthermore, it’s a single-page application plugin, easing you to create a course without having to jump from one page to another. Thus, it also saves your time and effort.
- Easy drag and drop course builder
- Fully supports YouTube, Vimeo, and self-hosted videos
- Clear user interface with modern design
- Interactive learning page with course navigation
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
Price: Free or $49.75/year
Next on the list of learning management system examples, we have LearnDash. It’s an award-winning WordPress LMS created by e-learning experts and designed to maximize content delivery.
With this popular learning management system, you can create courses and add additional content like gamification, group learning, automated notification, and many more. Further, its superior quizzing capabilities include eight question types and support any form of media.
Besides, it integrates more than 300 payment gateways with WooCommerce. Best of all, it also offers a variety of pricing models that you can choose from.
- Clear and concise video tutorials to get started
- Dynamic content delivery
- Provides badges and certificates based on performance and course completion
- Detailed reporting on enrollment, progress, and performance
- Easy customization
Moodle is one of the most popular learning management system examples with a unique personality and redefined user experience. It’s designed to provide instructors, learners, and administrators with a secure, robust, and integrated system to build a personalized learning environment.
Similarly, its simple interface, drag-and-drop features, and well-documented resources make it easy to use and learn. Also, it’s open-source software that can be adapted, modified, and extended by anyone for commercial and non-commercial projects. Thus, it’s continuously being reviewed and improved to suit the current users’ needs.
- Highly flexible and fully customizable
- Fits any size, from a few students to millions of users
- Bulk course creation with easy backup available
- Mobile and cross-browser compatible
- Available in more than 120 languages
When we talk about learning management system examples, we can’t forget Google Classroom. It’s an LMS that has been adopted by millions of people worldwide. Its popularity significantly increased after the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the pandemic, various institutions switched to virtual classrooms for teaching and learning through Google Classroom. By now, the number of students, educators, and school leaders using Google Classroom is over 150 million.
Google Classroom is available in both web and mobile applications. Depending on your need, it provides different types of classrooms for school accounts, personal Google accounts, and workspace accounts. In addition, it also has a screen reader for students who have low vision or are blind.
- Drag and drop interface on the classwork page
- Advanced safety locks to block anonymous users
- Google Workspace for Education provides more choice and controls
- Integrates Google Meet for generating meetings for classrooms
- Over 70 custom class themes
Price: $0 -$5 per student per year
TalentLMS is also one of the best examples of learning management systems suitable for building smarter organizations with innovative training programs. It has an intuitive interface with easy access to any device.
Using this LMS, you can create new courses within a few clicks, add users, and go live with your course without any hassle. In addition, it lets you personalize your users’ experience and localize the course to their languages. You can also use all media types like videos, presentations, and docs or even reuse content.
- Supports eLearning content standards like SCORM, xAPI, and cmi5
- Provides survey engine to send, collect, and analyze responses
- Gamification to provide badges, rewards, points, levels, and leaderboards
- Mass actions to make the administrative tasks seamless
- Offers integration with video conferencing tools or apps
Price: Free or $69/month
Teachable is a powerful yet simple platform that provides all-in-one features for creating online courses. Besides, it has full e-commerce capabilities to let you get paid quickly after selling the course. It accepts payments in over 130 currencies through various payment gateways like PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and more.
Furthermore, it offers direct integrations with marketing services such as Mailchimp, Zapier, Google Analytics, ConvertKit, and more. You can even use affiliate marketing tools and student referral features to promote your business on Teachable. Moreover, it takes care of your taxes, so you don’t have to collect them manually.
- Assures an uptime of 99.99%
- Fraud protection, encryption, and backup capabilities
- Custom user roles and automatic payouts
- Personalized guidance available with live group coaching sessions
- Provides reports on sales and student engagement
Price: Free or $348/year
iSpring Learn comes with superior technology to let you build and launch a training program within a few hours. It has an intuitive user experience that is easy for training administrators and learners. You can also add your existing learning materials like presentations, pdfs, videos, and more to get started.
Meanwhile, its flexibility lets you invite employees to the LMS and assign them courses individually or to specific teams. What’s more interesting is that it automatically manages training deadlines and sends invites and reminders, letting you focus on other important work.
- Provides unlimited storage space
- Customizable design
- Detailed viewing stats for tracking progress
- Easy to manage users and groups
- Guarantees data security with GDPR compliant
Price: $2.82/month for 500 users
Canvas is an LMS solution built to make teaching and learning easier for everyone. This perfect LMS suits the early learners, college faculty to business leaders. Besides adding video and audio, Canvas also lets you keep up with face-to-face interactions.
To make the educational ecosystem better, it also promises 99.9% of uptime. Likewise, the LMS is responsive that reaches every device without any complication. In addition, you don’t have to worry about the file size and can pile up as much audio, visuals, and video in the courses; it provides unlimited file size.
- Provides top-rated mobile apps for teachers and students
- No downtime issues due to cloud-based infrastructure
- Lets you provide targeted feedback with annotation
- Canvas API provides seamless integration with various tools like Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Provides chat group, video, and other messaging tools for collaboration
Price: Free Trial
Docebo is a great LMS to create engaging learning content within a few minutes. It delivers an AI-powered learning experience to every audience. Additionally, you can create an audience-specific page using its drag-and-drop functionality and get your learning programs up.
It also lets you import e-learning courses and content from your old LMS. You can even measure your learning programs’ effectiveness through analytics. Moreover, it provides free extensions such as certification, e-commerce, automation, custom domains, gamification, and more for further configuration.
- Seamless integration with 400+ tools
- Social learning to drive business productivity
- Free native mobile learning application
- Supports 40+ languages to localize learning programs
- Unlimited cloud storage
Price: Contact here!
SkyPrep is the smartest LMS for the modern workforce to facilitate distance learning. From employee onboarding to employee development, SkyPrep handles everything smoothly.
It’s user-friendly for both the admin and learners. And, its data also proves that it can reduce 40-60% of employee training times compared to in-person training.
You can carry out customer and compliance training and digitize the classroom experience with webinar tools. Also, monetizing the course with SkyPrep is easy as it comes with powerful eCommerce tools. Other features such as advanced learning, social learning, and gamification are also available.
- Let you create a multi-format test
- Automated grading system
- Unlimited customizable learning content
- Mobile responsive
- Multi-language support
Price: Contact here!
360Learning is an AI-powered LMS with collaborative learning features that helps you upskill fast and continuously. It lets you provide your teams with mobile content creation, shared device access, and video evaluation. Besides, the software is easy to adopt, making your team tool experts with interactive training experiences.
With the changing need of the organization, 360Learning can help you tackle every new learning need. In addition, the LMS has a 91% completion rate on average. Also, the support team from 360Learning is available to help you with comprehensive training and provides access to the 360Learning Knowledge Base.
- Automated admin works
- Ability to get real-time feedback from learners
- Enables client-facing teams to overperform
- Curated programs to give learners access to catalogs of best-in-class courses
- Super reactive and attentive support team
Price: $8 per user per month
Thousands of people have accepted the Blackboard as one of the best learning management system examples. It allows you to deliver unique teaching and learning experiences. At the same time, its easy-to-use tools and efficient workflows make everyone engaged, organized, and efficient, with fewer IT-related kinds of stuff.
It also allows the faculty member to utilize best-practice in teaching while letting learners get in the classroom through online learning or hybrid learning models. Also, it automates the collection and evaluation of student work based on assignment submissions. Overall, it’s a perfect combination of education and technology.
- Real-time feedback
- Multiple course templates are available
- 30-day guidance after onboarding session for educators
- Personalized support for the students whenever they need
- Web accessibility report to automatically check potential accessibility issues
Price: Contact here!
GoSkills is a cloud-based LMS that provides high-quality training anytime and anywhere. It doesn’t have any barrier number of users and offers full access to all the enterprise-level features without any hidden cost. With its easy-to-setup and deploy features, you can provide a consistent experience to all your learners.
On the other hand, it also lets you track the performance of individuals and teams to improve learning and development decisions. The LMS provides game-based learning along with social learning and knowledge sharing. Its mobile-friendly interface is also quite intuitive.
- Allows creation of a personalized training platform with your logo and branding
- Interactive building blocks like quizzes, flashcards, and images
- Custom certificate for learners to add their skills
- Unlimited access to the GoSkills training library
- Daily streaks goals for learners
JoomLMS has also been able to get into our list of learning management system examples. The LMS is easy to use as it guides you from one step to another for course creation without having to enter the admin panel. It lets you export and import e-learning materials easily and save time on content creation.
Further, its comprehensive tracking and reporting features let you find gaps in students’ knowledge and make the necessary changes. Additionally, with the JoomLMS User Management Settings, you can control the user roles and activities. You can also schedule live webinars and conferences within Joomla.
- Android and iOS compatible mobile app
- Advanced eCommerce capabilities
- Configurable LMS front page
- Web 2.0 and ajax technologies are available
- Customizable user profiles
Lastly, we have LearnWorlds as one of the best learning management system examples that let you create, sell, and promote online courses. It allows you to engage learners with interactive ebooks, videos, assessments, surveys, certificates, etc. Plus, it provides hundreds of templates that you can use for creating high-converting landing pages.
Likewise, you can also convert your videos into extraordinary experiences with automatically extracted quizzes, tables of contents, and transcripts. Since the platform is fully e-commerce enabled, you can also do profitable business by selling online courses.
- Upsell and cross-sell with coupons, promotions, and payment plans
- Seamless integration with marketing and affiliate tools
- Simple and intuitive mobile app builder for mLearning
- Advanced online school site builder
- 24/7 support available
Wrapping It Up!
With that, we’ve come to the end of the article on learning management system examples. As our list of the best examples of learning management systems suggests, Masteriyo is one of the most reliable LMS for creating and selling online courses.
If you’re a novice in the LMS field, you can kick off by trying its free version. For others already familiar with the LMS, you try its premium versions and get advanced features. Also, its support team is always active in helping you in any step of creating and selling the courses.
We hope our article has helped you solve your queries. If you still have some time, you can explore our blog page. We also have articles on the best LMS WordPress themes, LearnDash vs Teachable, and more.