Are you confused about which is a better form plugin between Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms?
Everest Forms and Formidable Forms are two popular form builder plugins that you can use to create forms for your WordPress site. However, many get confused about which one is the best for their WordPress website.
No worries! We’re here to help you. In this article, we’ll give you a detailed comparison between Everest Forms and Formidable Forms to help you choose the right one for your site.
A. Overview: Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms
First of all, let’s give a brief introduction to Everest Forms and Formidable Forms so that you can know theseplugins better.
Everest Forms is one of the best WordPress form builder plugins using which you can create any kind of form, including contact forms. It’s a free plugin with drag and drop form fields that lets you create forms without any difficulty. You can also control and sort the form fields easily.
It was officially launched by ThemeGrill in 2018. Today, it has become the best WordPress form plugin as it’s trusted by more than 100,000 users. It’s user-friendly and has clean and highly intuitive settings and admin panels.
Additionally, Everest Forms is lightweight, fast, and extendible. It’s also 100% mobile responsive and works well on every type of screen. So, you can easily use it on mobile, tablet, and desktop as well.
Using this plugin, you can create as many forms as you like and add them to your WordPress website. There is no limitation on the number of forms that you can create. Furthermore, you can easily create multiple-column forms with a click.
Formidable Forms is a drag and drop form builder plugin that you can use for building forms related to surveys, quizzes, payment, etc. It’s one of the most advanced WordPress form plugins that is easy to use, even for beginners.
This plugin was launched in 2010 with the name Formidable Pro. At first, it was just a simple form plugin with a drag and drop interface and offered the feature of database submission of form entries. Currently, Formidable Forms is more than a form builder as it also lets you build data-driven web applications at minimum cost.
Formidable Forms is a fully responsive WordPress plugin. This means it’ll look great on all devices, whether desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Moreover, it’s optimized for speed and maximum server performance. So, it’s fast and works at a high speed.
Using this form builder, you can easily build complex forms. Besides, you can also instantly create online calculator forms and display them on your website. You can use the available form templates, customize them and quickly build your desired form within a few minutes.
B. Features and Add-ons: Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms
Now, let’s compare Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms on the basis of their features and add-ons. Both of these plugins are rich in advanced features so, let’s have a look at their features separately.
Features of Everest Forms
Some of the key features of Everest Forms are:
- Drag and Drop Form Builder- To control and sort the form fields easily.
- Unlimited Forms- You can create forms without any limitation.
- Fully Responsive- Clean, simple form design that works well in all types of devices.
- Two Column Support- Supports multiple-column layout design.
- ShortCode Support- To showcase your form on Page, Post, sidebar, etc.
- Google ReCaptcha Support- To protect from spammers.
- Translation Ready- Easily translate the form to your native language.
- View Form Entries- You can view form entries from your dashboard.
- Redirect After Submission- The redirect option is available after form submission.
Overall, Everest Forms comes with a variety of features. With its drag and drop tools, you can easily design your form. You can also build multiple-column forms in a click without any difficulty. It has Google ReCaptcha support to prevent spam as well.
Add-ons of Everest Forms
Some of the add-ons of Everest Forms are:
- Advanced Fields- 13 advanced fields like Image upload, File upload, Signature, etc. available in the form.
- Style Customizer- To change color, fonts, spacing, background, etc. in the form design.
- Mailchimp- To allow users to subscribe to Mailchimp through form submission via Everest Forms.
- MailerLite- To allow users to subscribe to MailerLite through form submission via Everest Forms.
- ActiveCampaign- To allow users to subscribe to ActiveCampaign through form submission via Everest Forms.
- ConvertKit- To connect your form with ConvertKit and grow your business efficiently by generating more leads.
- PDF Form Submission- To create digital PDF documents of any form submission so that you can export or send them via email attachment.
- PayPal Standard- To connect your forms with PayPal and easily collect payments, donations, and online orders.
- Stripe- To connect your form with Stripe and easily collect credit card payments, online orders, etc.
- Geolocation- To collect data like IP, Country, Postal/Zip code along with the form submission.
- Multi-part forms- To break the long/ complex form into multiple pages and arrange it stepwise.
- Repeater Fields– To allow your users repeatedly add a set of fields within your WordPress forms.
- User Registration- To create a custom WordPress user registration form instantly and collect payments.
Features of Formidable Forms
Some of the key features of Formidable Forms are:
- Drag and Drop Form Maker- To build everything easily, either a price calculator or complex online form.
- Form Templates- Choose the form templates and customize them according to your need.
- Visual Form Styler- To change form color, borders without any code.
- Quizzes- Turn your form into automated quizzes without any hassle.
- User Registration- To register new users, edit profiles, change passwords, etc.
- Invisible Spam Protection- Anti-spam options like a Honeypot, reCAPTCHA, Akismet, etc.
- 100% Responsive- Sized automatically for every screen size.
- Import and Export Forms- Quickly transfer forms, entries to other sites or import them from anywhere.
- Display Form Data with Views– You can format, filter, and display form submissions in Formidable Views.
Overall, Formidable Forms has plenty of features. You can build complex online forms smoothly from its drag and drop tools. It also has anti-spam options like Honeypot, Akismet that give you spam protection.
Add-ons of Formidable Forms
Some of the add-ons of Formidable Forms are:
- Mailchimp- To add and update leads in a Mailchimp mailing list after submitting a form.
- API Webhooks- To add webhooks for forms, views, and entries.
- Zapier- To connect with 2,000+ applications like Google Spreadsheets, Twitter, etc.
- WPML Multilingual- To translate forms into multiple languages.
- MailPoet- To create newsletter signup forms and send them from your own site.
- AWeber- To subscribe contacts to a mailing list after they submit your WordPress contact forms.
- HubSpot- To add contacts from your WordPress forms to HubSpot.
- GetResponse- Add GetResponse to WordPress form leads and trigger their marketing automation.
- ActiveCampaign- To add contacts to the ActiveCampaign list from your WordPress forms.
- Salesforce- To add contacts and leads into Salesforce CRM directly from your WordPress forms.
- Campaign Monitor- To send leads from WordPress forms to Campaign Monitor automatically.
- Polylang Multilingual Forms- To create bilingual or multilingual forms with help from Polylang.
So, Formidable Forms can be integrated with a variety of add-ons. You can create multilingual forms, quiz forms, and many other forms using them. Moreover, you can also connect with Google Spreadsheet and Twitter.
In a nutshell, both Everest Forms and Formidable Forms are rich in features. They can be integrated with a variety of add-ons too.
C. Ease of Use: Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms
Ease of use is one of the important factors when comparing any two plugins. The more easily you can use a plugin, the more amount of time can be saved. So, let’s compare Everest Form vs Formidable Forms in terms of ease of use.
Like every other WordPress plugin, first of all, you need to install the contact form builder plugin in your WordPress dashboard. If you need some guidance regarding that, you can check our blog: How to install a WordPress plugin?
How to Use Everest Forms?
After completing the installation of the Everest forms, you’ll be directed to a “Welcome to Everest Forms” page. There, you’ll see a video that will guide you in using Everest Forms.
Now, we’ll discuss different ways to use Everest Forms.
a. How to Use and Customize the Default Form?
Now, on the left side of your screen, find ‘Everest Forms’ and hover your mouse over it. From the pop-up click on ‘All Forms’.
You can see that a form has already been created by the form builder plugin. You can simply hover your mouse over ‘Contact Form’ and click on ‘Preview’.
After this, you can have a preview of the ready-made form. You can use it as it is but if you want you can also customize it. Find the ‘Edit Form’ option at the end of the form preview and click on it.
Now, you’ll reach a page with different drag and drop tools on the left side and the default contact form on the right. Simply, drag and drop the fields that you want to add to your form. You can also delete and rearrange the fields after dropping them on your form.
The plugin provides about 11 form fields in its free version. The form fields are categorized as ‘General Fields’, ‘Advanced Fields’, ‘Payment Fields’, and ‘Survey Fields’.
In the free version, you get access to 9 form fields from ‘General Fields’ and 2 form fields from the ‘Advanced Fields’. The remaining fields can only be used with the premium version.
Now, click on ‘Field Options’ to customize it. There you’ll see different options. It varies according to the field type. You can change the label and provide a description according to your choice. Moreover, you can also check on the ‘Required’ option to make it compulsory.
You get a live preview of every change that you make. However, you can also click on the ‘Preview’ option at the right top of your screen and see how your form looks after the changes. Click on ‘Save’ at the end.
b. How to Create a New Form?
What if you want to create a new form? Again on the left side of the screen, find ‘Add New’ and click on it.
After that, you’ll see different form templates appearing on your screen. The free version of Everest Forms offers 5 different form templates whereas, the premium version offers 9 different form templates.
Simply select a template for your website and hover your mouse over it. Click on ‘Preview’ if you want to have a look at it. Otherwise, click on ‘Get Started’. If you want to build your website from scratch, you have that option as well.
Again, just like customizing the ‘Default Form’, you can modify the template that you selected. You just need to drag and drop the fields that you want. That’s all.
c. How to Display Form on WordPress?
So, after doing all the necessary modifications, you can display the Everest Forms on WordPress using two methods. They are: Using Block Editor and Using Shortcode
To add the form using the block editor, firstly, open the page or post where you want to add your form. After that, click on the ‘Add Block’ icon to view different block options. Find ‘Everest Forms’ there and click on it.
Then, you’ll see the ‘Select a Form’ dropdown menus. Select the required form and click on the ‘Publish’ button.
Likewise, you can use the shortcode method and copy the shortcode of the form at the top of your screen.
After that, paste the shortcode on the page or post where you want to display your form. At last, click on the ‘Publish’ button.
How to Use Formidable Forms?
After you install and activate the Formidable forms, you’ll be directed to a “Welcome to Formidable Forms” page. You’ll see a video there that will give you an overview of Formidable Forms. Furthermore, you’ll also see two links: New Blank Form and New Form From a Template.
You can also click on them and start building your forms. But we’ll use a different method here.
a. How to Create a New Form?
On the left side of your screen, go to ‘Formidable’ and click on ‘Forms (Lite)’.
Now you’ll reach the ‘Forms page’. Look at the top, find the ‘Add New’ button, and click on it. A new window will appear on your screen. From the given options, click on ‘Blank Form’. After that, enter the name for your form and add some description there. At last, click on ‘Create’.
You’ll now be directed to a page from where you can add different fields to your form. There are 13 different fields that you can easily drag and drop to your form. You can also reorder them or remove them after adding them to your form.
Moreover, you can also change the ‘Field Label’ or mark it as ‘Required’ and change the options of the specific field. After you are done, click on ‘Update’. You can also click on the ‘Preview’ option and have a look at your form.
To create a Formidable Form from a template, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium version. You don’t get access to the templates of Formidable Forms for free.
b. How to Display Form in WordPress?
You can display the Formidable Form in WordPress with two different methods: Using Block Editor and Using Shortcode.
To display the form using the block editor method, first of all, open the page or post where you want to add your form. After that, click on the ‘Add Block’ icon, search ‘Formidable Forms’ there and click on it.
After that, you’ll see the ‘Select a Form’ dropdown menu. Select the required form and click on the ‘Publish’ button.
Likewise, you can also use the shortcode method to display Formidable Form in WordPress. You can find the form shortcode on the ‘Shortcodes’ column of your form list display.
After that, copy the shortcode and click on the ‘Add Block’ icon and find the ‘Shortcode’ block there and click on it. At last, paste the shortcode that you copied earlier and click on ‘Publish’.
In a nutshell, Everest Forms gives more options to its users for building a form. They can use the default form, build it from scratch or even use templates. But, Formidable Forms doesn’t give access to use templates in its free version.
D. Pricing Plan: Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms
Now, the next factor to look at between Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms is their pricing structure. Both of these form builder plugins have a free version as well as a premium version. So, now let’s have a look at their pricing.
Cost of Everest Forms
Everest Forms offers four different pricing plans in its paid version to its users:
- Personal Plan: $49/year – 1 site
- Plus Plan: $99/year – 5 sites
- Professional Plan: $149/year – 25 sites
- Agency Plan: $199/year – Unlimited sites
The Personal plan gives you 1-year premium support and 1 year of free updates. It also has many other highlighted features and premium add-ons. Similarly, the Plus plan comes with all the features included in the Personal plan and some extra add-ons.
Likewise, the Professional plan offers all the features of the Plus plan along with some additional add-ons. Finally, the Agency plan includes everything that is in the Professional plan and some premium add-ons.
Cost of Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms also has four different pricing structures for its premium version:
- Basic Plan: $39.50/year – 1 site
- Plus Plan: $99.50/year – 3 sites
- Business Plan: $199.50/year – 10 sites
- Elite Plan: $299.50/year – Unlimited sites
The Basic plan gives you 1-year support and features like unlimited forms, unlimited entries, automatic updates, etc. Similarly, the Plus plan comes with Basic plan features and add-ons such as Mailchimp, MailPoet Newsletters, etc.
Likewise, the Business plan is the most popular plan that offers all the plus features along with add-ons like Zapier, Quiz Maker, etc. Finally, the Elite plan includes all the Business plan features and some premium add-ons.
In a nutshell, Everest Forms is cheaper when compared to Formidable Forms. It has more reasonable pricing along with advanced features.
E. Support: Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms
Support is another necessary factor that you must be aware of before choosing any plugin. If you start using a plugin and get any issue in the middle, then you’ll need support from the developers. A plugin with good customer support can always help you by addressing the issue.
Everest Forms Support
Everest Forms provide great support to its users and customers. It provides knowledge base resources that include documentation, reference materials, and tutorials to build a form. You can always have a look at them in case of any issue.
Also, there is a free support forum for free version users. You can post your query there, and the support team will address it. Likewise, if you have upgraded your plugin to the premium plan, there is premium support available. You only need to create a ticket and share your issue.
Additionally, you can drop an email to the support team explaining the problem you are facing. There is also a live chat box available through which you can chat with the support team directly.
Formidable Forms Support
Formidable Forms provide different support resources to its customers. A large number of documents are available which will help you install the plugin, account management, form building, and so on.
Similarly, you can also submit a support request explaining the errors or issues that you are encountering. As soon as the support team gets your request, they’ll reach to you and help you in tackling it.
In a nutshell, both of these plugins provide a variety of resources for customer support. But, Everest Forms also has a live chat option for its user which is lacking in Formidable Forms.
Although both of the plugins are rich in features and add-ons, Everest forms seem to be better in terms of ease of use. A user can build a form in different ways and also get access to pre-built templates in the free version.
Similarly, Everest Forms has more reasonable pricing plans with many advanced features included. Even in terms of support, Everest Forms has the advantage of a live chat feature with the support team.
We compared Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms in terms of features and add-ons, ease of use, pricing, and support. So, in the end, we can clearly say that Everest Forms is the ultimate winner.
However, the final decision is up to you. You can decide which form builder plugin works best for your site. With the help of this comparison article, you can now choose one between Everest Forms vs Formidable Forms.
If you have any queries and suggestions, please write them down in the comment box below. Also, don’t forget to share this article.
And, if you want to learn how to customize the WooCommerce login and registration form, please check out our blog.