Are you looking for the best WordPress survey plugins to add surveys and quizzes to your website? Stick with us till the end if you answered ‘yes.’
Surveys and polls are effective ways to interact with your users. They make the engagement more natural and enhance better back-and-forth exchange. Also, they’re a great tool to gather unbiased user reviews and suggestions.
But how can you add them to your website? The simplest answer is to use a WordPress survey plugin. They come with amazing features like pre-built survey forms, animations, and other smart add-ons.
And in this article, we’ll be unveiling some of the best WordPress survey plugins for 2021. Let’s start with a small introduction to its importance for any WordPress website.
Why Do You Need A WordPress Survey Plugin?
As mentioned, a WordPress survey plugin is an easy way to create polls and surveys on your WordPress site. They are a great way to get responses and feedback from users/customers.
Not only does the plugin helps to create and collect the information, but also gives an in-depth analysis. Further, it displays the results via charts and graphs that are easy to understand, saving you time and effort.
Other benefits of using the plugin are as follows:
- Beginner-friendly: Almost all the survey plugins are easy to use, making it usable for any type of website by anyone, even the newbies.
- Enhance site’s reputation: With increased engagement with the audience, the goodwill of your website goes up as well. This eventually helps to rank better on search engines too.
- Great add-ons: Some survey plugins like Everest Forms support adding contact forms, support query forms, subscription forms, etc.
- Flexible customization: The plugins make sure the survey forms you add to your website match with its theme. Thus, you can use a variety of options to enhance your surveys.
- Compatibility with other tools: Integration with additional tools like online payments, email templates, etc., makes the plugin more useful.
Now, after this brief introduction to a WordPress survey plugin, let’s get going to the list.
13 Best WordPress Survey Plugins
1. Everest Forms (Premium)
When it comes to getting the best WordPress survey plugin, Everest Forms is a primary choice. This wonderful form builder plugin helps you create various forms, including surveys forms, donation forms, contact forms, and more.
The core plugin of Everest Forms is free. There are tons of pre-made templates and functional form fields like checkboxes, multiple-choice, email, etc.
But, you need to switch to the pro version (Plus plan and above) to integrate major features of surveys. With the upgrade, you’ll get the Survey, Polls, and Quiz add-on that offers new survey fields like Rating field, Likert field, and Scale Rating field.
Further, you can customize your survey form with any extra fields you like. Similarly, the plugin offers detailed graphical data reports along with features like enabling password validation and date dropdown.
Key Features of Everest Forms:
- Admin reporting with line graphs and charts
- Advanced field options for smart conditional logic
- Integration with email marketing tools
- Code-free form designer add-on
- Spam protection with form submission
Price: Plus plan at $99 per year for Survey, Polls, and Quiz add-on
2. Crowdsignal Forms (Freemium)
Crowdsignal Forms is a simple yet powerful survey plugin that enables you to effortlessly create and manage polls right from with the block editor. Further, you can totally customize the look as well as the feel of polls to match your brand.
Additionally, this plugin helps you better understand your users by providing you with the result page where you can see all the responses. Also, Crowdsignal Forms provides great security because it allows seeing the Geo-location of voters and analyzing IP addresses for any suspicious voting.
Key Features of Crowdsignal:
- Allows to export reports in different formats
- Advance stats and analytics are available
- Highly customizable polls
- Set close dates for polls
- Easily create polls with single or multiple choice answers
Price: Free or Premium Plan starts at $15 per month
3. Survey & Form by Opinion Stage (Freemium)
With tons of captivating templates, Survey & Form by Opinion Stage has made it to our list of WordPress survey plugins. Hence, you don’t have to worry, just select the template that matches your requirement and easily add polls and surveys.
It offers top-notch features like advanced analytics and even white labeling for your survey forms. This way, your survey forms will not only collect info but also brand your company.
Additionally, the customization options are good as well. Even though you might miss the drag-and-drop interface, it supports the easy adjustment of visuals, buttons, fonts, and custom CSS too.
Key Features of OpinionStage:
- Integration with marketing automation
- Easy sharing on social media networks
- Makes content engaging with images, videos, slideshows
- Executes content marketing with ad revenue and lead generation
- Coding snippets for embedding survey online
Price: Free or Starter Plan starts at $19 per month
4. Modal Survey (Premium)
A premium WordPress survey solution, Modal Survey is one of the best-rated tools on CodeCanyon. One of the reasons is the amazing customization features that help you easily create unlimited polls, surveys, and quizzes. Later, you can modify their design and build Ajax-based surveys with its visual builder.
Moreover, it gives full flexibility to use various jQuery Easing effects. With this, you can control speed, smoothen animation for incoming and outgoing questionnaires. Similarly, you can add custom messages and downloadable content for the responders.
Key Features of Modal Survey:
- Detailed charts with unique animation
- Easy import, export, backup of survey data
- Ajax-powered search and pagination option
- Export results to PDF, XML, CSV, XLS, JSON
- Integration with email services for MailChimp, AWeber
Price: $39 for a Regular Site License
5. WP-Polls (Free)
Want to build simple polls for your website? If yes, WP-Polls is the straightforward solution for you. With over 90k active installation, it’s the perfect choice to involve your users in polls and get instant results.
This simple WordPress survey widget keeps you far away from the hassle of complex survey forms. You just have to use the widget or a code for adding the polls on your site.
Even though it might have comparatively less advanced features, it comes with customizable templates. Moreover, it supports scheduling the polls and even setting expiration dates. Hence, its basic yet flexible structure makes it a handy tool.
Key Features of WP-Polls:
- Tracks the duplicates manually
- Create custom templates using CSS
- Radio buttons and checkboxes for answers
- Data storing in logs for future reference
- Allows users to see survey results
6. YOP Poll (Freemium)
YOP Poll is another plugin that falls under the category of top free survey tools. You can make and manage surveys and polls within just a few steps using this plugin. Even though it’s free, it offers much more features than you might expect.
For example, you can automate scheduling your polls, run multiple polls, and keep track of them. Even after the poll completion, it offers full flexibility to display results. Likewise, the results can be presented as percentages or numbers or both and shown on any custom date.
Furthermore, the plugin supports color customization of polls to match your brand. It even supports adding custom fields, resetting stats, setting limits on votes, and more.
Key Features of YOP Poll:
- Poll restriction and security
- Intuitive and friendly interface
- Fast and accurate survey results
- Voting accessibility to guests/registered users
- Archive option to access former poll stats
Price: Free or Personal Plan at $17/year
7. Hotjar (Freemium)
Hotjar is a WordPress survey plugin that will not only help you understand your users but also, provide insights to make the right changes to the website. You can easily understand the user’s desire with the help of the visual representation of their clicks, taps, and scrolling behavior.
Additionally, the plugin helps in improving the completion rate of your online forms. It does that by discovering which form fields take too long to fill, which are left blank, and overall why do users abandon the forms. Not to mention, you can create target questions for specific audiences anywhere on your web and mobile site.
Key Features of Hotjar:
- Allows creation of surveys using an easy editor
- Collect profiling information, contact details, etc.
- Observe what people love, hate via instant visual feedback
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) ready
- A real-time suggestion box for users to express their views
Price: Free or Plus Plan at $39/month
8. WPForms (Freemium)
There’s no doubt that WPForms is one of the best drag and drop form builders for WordPress. Using the same easy and powerful plugin, you can create interactive surveys for your website too. All you need to do is turn on its Survey and Polls add-on.
What’s best about WPForms is its fantastic survey reporting features. You can easily view and manage your data within the dashboard.
Not to forget, it supports unlimited users even under one paid license. This plan is economical for the companies targeting to conduct surveys in bulk. Likewise, you can’t miss its advanced survey fields and forms like donation forms, order forms, etc. on your site.
Key Features of WPForms:
- Built-in survey forms with real-time reports
- Smart and modern conditional logic feature
- Confirmation via email form notification
- Easy to embed forms in blogs, sidebars, etc.
- Supports creating NPS(Net Promoter Score) surveys
Price: Free or Basic paid plan starts at $39.50/year
9. Formidable Forms (Freemium)
Formidable Forms is indeed the most advanced form builder of all. You can go from crafting appealing contact forms to registration forms to fully functioning surveys, quizzes, and more.
The survey builders by Formidable Forms are feature-rich and flexible. They come with standard questionnaires and interactive models. They even contain email marketing forms, an online calculator, and integration for accepting online payments.
Hence, if you own financial companies or real estate, this plugin will match up to these niches’ level of survey needs too. And not to forget, both its free and premium versions will give an uncompromised performance.
Key Features of Formidable Forms:
- Integration with PayPal, Stripe, CRMs, etc.
- Simple drag and drop survey builder
- Modern visual style and smart conditional logic
- Supports multi-page polls and surveys
- Cascading lookup survey fields
Price: Free or Business Plan at $199.50 for Survey & Polls
10. Forminator (Freemium)
Who wouldn’t want surveys and polls with versatile functions and that too for free? Forminator is that solution for your website. It has a drag-and-drop interface to make forms like contact forms, payment forms, emails with surveys, quizzes, and registration.
Plus, the visual builder is easy to set up, manage and provides free personalization. This helps to make your survey form more interactive, collect information, and generate leads.
You can even activate payment acceptance via your forms. You’d need no pro upgrade for it. Likewise, it features integration with thousands of apps, including HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, Zapier, etc. Hence, you can utilize them to make surveys handier.
Key Features of Forminator:
- Real-time feedback with live stats and charts
- User front end post submissions
- Efficient email routing, auto-response and pre-populate
- Control email spam with Google reCAPTCHA
- Advanced survey fields with multi-field upload
Price: Free or $24.17/month
11. HubSpot (Free)
Next on our list is again a free-to-use WordPress survey plugin; HubSpot. It offers extra features of live chat, email marketing, along with adding survey forms. Also, the plugin includes free CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to sync the received data and track its feedback systematically.
Similarly, the plugin has built-in marketing analytics to help increase your sales and market your products. Along with that, you can manage live chat, chatbots, popups, emails, and sales follow-ups.
Moreover, HubSpot helps to analyze progress and performance within the WordPress dashboard. Most of all, its 400+ native integrations like Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, etc. make it a super powerful surveying tool.
Key Features of HubSpot:
- Incredible customer feedback software
- Email newsletter and marketing automation
- Advanced filtering based on visitors’ response
- Dynamic form builder with chatbots, forms and popups
- Customizable and understandable analytics dashboard
12. eForm (Premium)
eForm is a complete form management solution for your website. It’s because you can create surveys, quizzes and collect all types of users’ data and feedback. Also, it works wonderfully as a cost estimator and evaluates complex operations with ease.
Best of all, you can take your surveys to the next level by including advanced fields and smart conditional logic. You can even integrate the payment acceptance feature into your surveys via PayPal or Stripe.
Additionally, this plugin can automate quizzes and their scoring system. With the drag and drop builder, you can quickly build unlimited forms and manage them via the admin dashboard.
Key Features of eForm:
- Nonce security, honeypot, and tamper protection
- Supports social sharing via Facebook and Twitter
- Built-in analytical tracking via Google Analytics
- Advanced validation via input masking
- Default pre-populate based on URL, metadata
Price: $39 for a Regular Site License
13. NEX-Forms (Premium)
An all-in-one form builder, NEX-Forms is next on our list of the best WordPress survey plugins. You can truly build any kind of form, be it survey forms, contact forms, cost estimation forms, booking forms, or multi-step forms.
And what’s more interesting is the 30+ form field and elements. It has everything you need for your survey like radio buttons, star rating, multi-file uploaders, digital signature, unlimited nesting, etc.
Besides the fields, the icons, animations, and font options are excellent as well. You can use over 1500 icons, 70 animations, and 1200 Google Fonts for your form fields. You even have 38 pre-made form templates for a quick head start.
Key Features of NEX-Forms:
- Fully customizable email alerts and autoresponders
- Pre-populate fields with dynamic data
- Live form field validation and submission
- Interactive tutorials with step-by-step instructions
- Comprehensive documentation and customer support
Price: $39 for a Regular Site License
Summing it Up
If you’re planning to conduct surveys for your business, a WordPress survey plugin is your best bet.
The plugins we’ve listed above will help you create simple to complex survey forms for your website. Using them, you can gather important info about your users, analyze them, and use the data to reach your target audience.
If you’re still unsure of which one to choose, we recommend going with Everest Forms. It offers tons of fantastic features that support building surveys easily and effectively.
If you need help building a survey form, you should check out our article on how to create a survey form in WordPress.
If you’re interested in learning more about plugins such as WordPress membership plugins and FAQ plugins, visit our blog full of WordPress-related articles.