Are you looking for the best SEO plugins for WordPress websites?
Optimizing your site for search engines can improve both the quality and quantity of your website traffic. And, better traffic means better lead generation and huge sales of your products. Hence, a great way to optimize your site is by using the best WordPress SEO plugins.
However, with hundreds of SEO plugins available, it may sound like an uphill task to choose the best SEO plugin for WordPress. Therefore, we’re here to make your task easier.
In this post, we’ve listed the top SEO tools for WordPress and categorized them based on their functions. But before exploring these SEO plugins, let’s look at the important SEO trends and ranking factors first.
Important SEO Trends and Ranking Factors
It’s essential to understand that SEO trends are dynamic, as Google and other search engines are constantly trying to improve their search services for their potential users. Therefore, following the latest SEO techniques is necessary so that you don’t miss any chance to rank in the competition.
Not to mention, there are a lot of factors to focus on for search engine optimization. So, here, we’ve discussed some of the extremely important SEO ranking factors on trend for your knowledge.
1. Quality Content
You might have frequently heard that “Content is the king”. That’s because it is. Nothing can cover up to rank in search engines if you don’t have quality content that is fresh, updated, and authoritative.
2. Keyword Optimization
Inclusion of keywords evenly and naturally in your content, title tags, meta description, headings, image alt text, URLs is an important SEO strategy to obtain high SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) ranking.
If you want to know more about keywords, check our article on what a keyword is.
3. Image Optimization
Apart from text, images can be also optimized so that they can send relevancy signals to the search engines via their alt text and descriptions. Besides, you should ensure that images are in proper file format and compressed for the web.
4. Page Speed
Page speed is yet another important factor for ranking better in search engines. It’s because users tend to stay on a page that loads quickly. On the other hand, they tend to leave and never visit the site again with slow page loading speed.
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
With the mobile user landscape getting bigger and getting faster than ever, Google’s AMP projects promise to deliver the mobile users highly optimized content at a lightning-fast speed.
6. Structured Data Markup
Structured data markup/schema markup is back-end microdata that helps Google to better understand the page. This ensures to index your page in a better way and increases the visibility of your site.
Your active presence on social media is one of the integral parts of SEO strategy today. Using social media tools like Easy Social Sharing and others enables you to share your content over popular social media platforms and improve user engagement to your site.
With that said, it’s time to explore the best WordPress SEO plugins that will help keep your site up to par with these SEO trends and ranking factors. Let’s start!
25+ Best WordPress SEO Plugins for 2021
We’ve divided the WordPress SEO tools into different categories. Hence, you can easily choose the one with specific SEO features suitable for your site.
A. All-in-one WordPress SEO Plugins
You must have understood from the name itself. That’s right; these are the SEO plugins that will assist you to optimize multiple ranking factors such as content, keyword, social SEO, page speed, schema markup, and so on.
Below, we’ve mentioned some of the best all-in-one SEO plugins for your site.
1. Yoast SEO
With over 5 million active installations, Yoast SEO is a feature-rich yet free SEO plugin for WordPress. It’s a must-have SEO plugin for your site as it covers multiple ranking factors like contents, keywords, redirection, schema.org integration, and more.
It’s a brilliant plugin to ensure that you create better content with readability analysis. Also, it makes sure that your content is optimized for the keywords. Further, you can generate consistent snippets in search engines as it allows you to add SEO titles and meta descriptions to all your posts/pages.
Its schema.org integration helps Google better understand your content. Apart from that, the site breadcrumb allows easy navigation for search engines as well as your users. Yoast SEO plugin also has a redirect manager to prevent “404: page not found” errors.
- It’s an all in one feature-rich SEO plugin free of cost.
- Google preview feature of Yoast SEO enables you to quickly view how your listings look in the search results and even on mobile devices.
- Automatic XML sitemap generation helps search engines crawl your site for better ranking opportunities.
- You can get more exciting features with Yoast SEO premium.
- You can optimize only one focus keyword with the free version.
- Since all the features are activated at once, site speed may be reduced.
Pricing: Free or $89/Year for 1 Site
2. Rank Math
Rank Math is another powerful AI-powered SEO plugin for WordPress. It’s an advanced SEO analysis tool that helps you manage every aspect of your site’s SEO for attracting website traffic. Further, Rank Math’s deep content analysis gives you full control over the on-page SEO of your pages and posts.
With this plugin, you can optimize your keywords and track your keywords ranking. Besides, the Google Search Console integration shows important information about your site right from your WordPress dashboard. Moreover, it has several other built-in features like schema markup, 404 monitoring, internal linking suggestions, etc.
- It offers an easy to use setup wizard.
- You can import all your settings from Yoast SEO, SEOPress, All in One SEO Pack, etc. to itself in a click.
- It’s perfect for both global and local websites.
- Automatic keyword suggestions feature help your discover more keywords and find the perfect keyword effortlessly to make your content stand out from the crowd.
- Beginners may be overwhelmed by a long-list of features provided by the plugin.
Pricing: Free or $59/Year
All in One SEO is one of the best free SEO plugins for WordPress. It supports both Gutenberg and Classic editor so that you can quickly optimize your blog posts or pages to rank higher in search results. Besides, a smart XML sitemap, a news sitemap, and a video sitemap allow better indexing of your content for attracting more traffic.
With this comprehensive plugin, you can easily set up advanced SEO features like automatic image SEO and rich snippets schema for improving click-through rate. Additionally, competitor site SEO analysis enables you to outrank your competitors by improving your site’s SEO.
- Beginner-friendly SEO plugin which is both powerful and easy.
- The plugin seamlessly integrates with webmaster tools: Google Search Console, Bing webmaster tool, Yandex webmaster tool, Google Analytics, etc.
- You can improve your online store’s SEO by optimizing the WooCommerce product pages and product categories.
- Advanced SEO canonical URLs help prevent duplicate content with canonical URLs and boosts website traffic.
- You’ve to upgrade to premium versions for a more responsive support forum and video tutorials.
Pricing: Free or $49.50/Year for Basic Plan
SEOPress is a popular WordPress SEO plugin for optimizing your site’s SEO and improving website traffic. It allows you to optimize the content you write, preview your posts to see how they appear on search engine results. Also, it features Facebook & Twitter Social Preview to see how your posts look on social media.
Besides, the image SEO feature automatically sets the image title, alt text, caption, and description. With SEOPress you can even set meta robots as noindex, nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, etc. Also, you can build your HTML sitemap for easy navigation of both the search engines and your users.
- This plugin is suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
- It’s a completely white-labeled plugin with no advertisements and footprints.
- You can use this plugin for unlimited sites at a cheaper price compared to other plugins.
- Deep integration with Elementor lets you edit site titles, meta description, social meta, and analyze your content directly from Elementor settings itself.
- The free version doesn’t support features like Local Business SEO, Broken Link Checker, Redirections 301, 404 monitoring, etc.
Pricing: Free or $39/Year for Unlimited Sites
The SEO Framework is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress that follows the standard imposed by WordPress as well as search engines. This dedicated and ad-free plugin is really easy to get started with. Moreover, it saves your time with its automatic generation of critical titles and meta descriptions.
Best of all, it comes preconfigured. Meaning you need to make some small setup once you install the plugin and then you’re ready for your site’s optimization. However, you can also tweak it the way you want for improving your site’s SEO. Additionally, it also assists in optimizing your metadata.
- Extension Manager (a companion plugin) provides several free and paid extensions for additional functionalities.
- Comment spamming extension helps you to protect your site from spam.
- It provides an API so that interested advanced users can make possible contributions.
- The plugin provides color-coded guidelines to suggest necessary improvisation as you hover your content with your mouse.
- It lacks features like analytics, tracking, and 404 monitoring.
Pricing: Free or $7/Month (Billed Yearly)
Premium SEO Pack is a well-known premium SEO plugin power-packed with features like social SEO, image optimization, page optimization, 404 monitoring, and so on. It’s a high-quality comprehensive plugin that provides you with everything that you may ever need to optimize your plugin.
Title and meta format allow you to set custom page titles, meta descriptions, meta keywords, meta robots, etc. Furthermore, SEO-friendly images help you to update all your images with alt text and title attributes. You can also improve your website speed, user experience, and search engine rankings with page speed insights.
- SERP Rank Tracking module tracks the ranking for your pages and keywords in search results and stores them for easy comparison for future purposes.
- Minify is the newest module that helps you to optimize your site’s performance and front-end loading time.
- W3C Validator allows you to check the markup of your pages, posts, and custom taxonomies.
- Report module is available for your WordPress stats and Keyword rank changes.
- The features like Backlink Builder and Facebook planner are no longer available.
Pricing: $44 for a Regular License
SEOPressor is a top SEO tool that provides complete control over the SEO of your WordPress site. This plugin measures your website’s semantic quality with its built-in SemantiQTM engine and also provides necessary suggestions to improve it. Additionally, it also allows you to monitor the SEO score of your target keywords.
The plugin gives you complete authority over the way search engines crawlers navigate to your site with its Dynamic Crawler control. Besides, it has many other built-in functionalities like Meta settings, Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Cards, canonical URL, etc. You can even redirect the traffic using a 301 Redirect URL.
- With SEOPressor role settings you can enable or disable specific user’s access to SEOPressor.
- Schema and Dublin Core helps to improve your site’s structured data.
- It monitors unnatural and over-optimization of SEO tips and prevents them from being penalized by Google.
- Smart link manager helps you to build an optimum link profile effortlessly and prevent the broken link.
- Beginners may require some adjustment time.
8. Squirrly SEO
Squirrly SEO is a popular plugin for optimizing your content encompassing certain keywords. This plugin allows multiple keyword research and also enables you to find the long-tail keywords that your content can rank for. Besides, it prevents the use of “bad keywords” that don’t help your site rank in the top 10 positions of the SERPs.
The automation feature of this plugin automatically configures everything on WordPress that is needed for a great SEO. It automates semantic definitions, social media definitions, custom post types, etc. That’s why it’s an all-in-one SEO suite suitable for both non-SEO experts as well as advanced users to increase the site’s traffic.
- It offers easy and pefect WordPress SEO setup. Over 650 SEO features are pre-configured for you during installation itself.
- Tracks every aspect of your content marketing strategy.
- Squirrly virtual assistant helps you publish content that is optimized for both users and search engines.
- Squirrly site performance audit score lets you know how your site is performing and helps to improve your score with necessary tips.
- You need to upgrade to pro-version to get access to more SEO functionalities.
Pricing: Free or $20.99/Month for the Pro plan
WordLift is the Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered WordPress SEO plugin for advanced SEO. It helps bloggers, journalists, and other content creators to create well-structured web content without requiring any technical knowledge. It provides the necessary content recommendations and also helps to create structured metadata.
With this plugin, you can easily organize your pages and posts for search engines and users by adding facts, links, and media. Moreover, it supports over 30 languages. So, you can even translate your article and pages into your native language effortlessly. Further schema.org markup allows search engines to index your site for a higher ranking.
- Natural language processing and knowledge graph for automation of structured data markup.
- Seamless integration with Google Analytics.
- It allows you to enrich your content with images, links, and interactive visualizations.
- You can try premium version of WordLift free of cost for 14 days.
- For more functionalities and advanced SEO support, you need to upgrade to a paid version of the plugin.
Pricing: Free or €49/Month for Starter Plan
B. Online Keyword Research Tools
The keyword research tools help you to find the quality keywords that can make your content optimized for a higher ranking on search results.
Some of the popular online keyword research tools are as follows:
SEMrush is the most powerful and functional keyword research tool for discovering the keywords and optimizing your content for search results. It provides essential recommendations for content optimization and helps you develop a powerful content strategy to improve the site’s traffic.
It also features local SEO to optimize your site for local searches and drive in local customers. Besides, you can strengthen your backlink profile, manage social media, perform keyword research for paid campaigns, see the keywords and ad copy from your competitor’s PPC (Pay per Click) ads, and more.
- You can sneak peek at your competitor’s winning strategies and improve your site’s performance using the competitor analysis tool.
- Rank tracking helps you to track the ranking of your target keywords and in the target location.
- You can easily track your position and beat the competition using a market analysis tool of the plugin.
- SEMrush has undoubtedly the best features but its pricing is very high.
- Beginners may find it difficult to navigate through its user interface.
Pricing: $119.95/Month for a Pro plan
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer is a convenient and efficient keyword research tool for great keyword ideas. It helps to gain the keyword ideas from 10 different search engines like Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Baidu, and more. This tool provides accurate search volume for the keyword and also analyzes the traffic potential.
Besides, Ahrefs enables you to see the SEO metrics and ranking history of your top-ranking competitors and understand their SEO strategy. You can also analyze the keyword difficulty score to determine how tough it might be to rank for the particular keyword in search engines.
- This tool provides advanced SEO metrics like Clicks per Search, % of Clicks, % of Paid Clicks, and Return Rate.
- You can save and segment the keywords into lists for future purposes.
- Ahrefs offers a trial pack of $7 for 7 days that has all the features of the plan.
- Expensive pricing option.
- Requires steep learning curve that makes it difficult to use at first.
Pricing: $99/Month for Lite
Google Search Console is a great online tool by Google to monitor your site’s performance and traffic. This tool ensures that Google can crawl to your site. Further, you can find out the amount of search traffic you get for your site. It also lets you know about the queries that drive the users to your site and how often they search for those queries.
Moreover, you can explore your site’s impression, clicks, and ranking position on Google search. Also, Search Console tools and reports allow you to test, track, and monitor the mobile friendliness and AMP of your website. With this tool, you can even find out which sites link to your site.
- It’s a powerful tool by Google which is available for free.
- Using this tool allows you to submit sitemaps and URLs for better indexing of your site.
- Whenever Google identifies any indexing, spam, or other issues, it’ll alert you via email so that you can promptly fix your site.
- Non-technical users may find it difficult to use.
- It doesn’t accept HTML sitemaps.
C. Image Optimizing Plugins & Tools
Images are an essential part of your content. They enhance user engagement to your site. Image optimizer plugins ensure that your images are in proper format and are compressed for the web. Further, they also ensure that the size of your images is reduced and they load quickly for the fast page loading speed of your site.
Here’re some popular image optimization plugins for your site:
Smush is an award-winning WordPress plugin for compressing and optimizing your images. This plugin lets you compress the image size without loss of quality. Best of all, it lets you compress and optimize up to 50 images in a single click. You can optimize your images up to 5MB in size using this plugin.
If that isn’t enough, the integration of the plugin with Gutenberg enables you to view all the Smush stats right from the image blocks. Moreover, it’s compatible with all the WordPress themes, page builder plugins, and media library plugins. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about any interruptions to your site while using this plugin.
- You can quickly locate the images with the wrong size that slows down your site.
- It has built-in lazy loading to speed up your site by loading only those images that are being viewed.
- Image resizing feature lets you set the maximum height and width of the image so that large images scale down while they’re being compressed.
- The free version doesn’t keep your primary images.
- The process of activating pro-version is a little tedious and confusing.
- Pricing: Free or $60/Year for 1 Site
ShortPixel Image Optimizer is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins that help in compressing and optimizing your image files. Using this plugin, you can compress any image file format (JPG and its variations JPEG/JPEG 2000/JPEG XR, PNG, GIF) or even PDF documents.
It not only compresses your previous image and PDF files in a simple click but also automatically compresses all your new images. Also, this comprehensive image optimization plugin optimizes any images present on your site even if they’re not within your media library. Besides, it’s a multisite compatible plugin.
- It supports conversion of JPEG, PNG, or GIF file formats to WebP (modern image format developed by Google)
- Bulk optimization option optimizes all your images present in the site in a single click
- Lossy, lossless, and glossy image compression options are available which are high-quality optimization algorithms.
- It’s mandatory to set up an API key before you use it for image optimization which may be confusing for some users.
Pricing: Free or Starts at $3.99/Month
Imagify is the advanced image optimizing tool to compress and optimize your images without compromising their quality. After installing this plugin, it automatically optimizes all your images as well as thumbnails when uploaded to your site. This saves a lot of your precious time and energy.
This plugin lets you resize the images to 3 optimization levels. They are Normal – lossless compression algorithms where image quality isn’t affected. Aggressive – lossy compression algorithm where there’s a tiny loss of quality. Ultra–strongest compression using a lossy algorithm.
- Whenever you optimize images using Imagify, you’ll get the WebP versions of those images as well.
- Backup option to restore your images to their original version or change the level of their compression.
- Compatible with WooCommerce and NextGen Gallery.
- Free version of Imagify allows compressing the images of 20MB only. Thus, you need to opt in for pro version for more.
Pricing: Free or $49.9/Year for Growth Plan
TinyPNG is a great option for optimizing your JPEG and PNG images to speed up your site. It uses a smart lossy compression technique to reduce image size. Therefore, the images are compressed without any degradation in the quality and without losing any transparency.
We can say this confidently because we’re personally using this tool to compress the images for our site and we love what this tool is offering. Most importantly, TinyPNG is now available as a WordPress plugin as well. So you can choose from either of the options depending upon your need.
- Supports compression of animated PNG.
- Compatible with all modern browsers including mobile devices.
- You can also switch to TinyPNG pro to optimize unlimited images and get the detailed statistics on analyzer tool .
- Free tool limits you to compress 20 images with a maximum of 5MB size at a time.
Pricing: Free or $25/Year
D. Speed Optimizing and Caching Plugins
Speed is one of the most important ranking factors for any website. If you want to rank higher and improve your website traffic, optimizing your site’s speed is a must. So, here, we’ll be discussing some of the best speed optimization and caching plugins that you can use to speed up your site.
Hummingbird is one of the best speed optimization plugins for WordPress developed by WordPress speed specialists – WPMU DEV, who also created Smush image optimization. It provides the fastest page loading speed and PageSpeed score to help you rank higher in search engines.
Additionally, Hummingbird helps you scan and fix the issue that’s slowing down your site with a simple click. This plugin is meant to make your site visitors happy and satisfied with its lightning-fast speed, thereby increasing the conversion rates of your site.
- It provides world-class caching tools that include full-page, browsers, and Gravatar cache.
- For more advanced caching, database, and asset optimizing needs, you’ve to upgrade to the Pro plan of the plugin.
Pricing: Free or $60/Year for 1 Site
WP Speed of Light is a speed optimization plugin that makes your site as fast as a speed of light. It’s not just limited to speeding up your WordPress site but also allows speed loading tests. It means that you can test your site’s speed, store it, and also compare the test results.
Besides, it’s a powerful caching plugin as it also gives the possibility to store heavy page resources like images in the browser cache. And, you can clean it whenever you want. Furthermore, it offers several other built-in functionalities like WordPress content minification, Gzip compressions, mobile device cache, etc.
- The plugin comes with a dashboard to check all your performance issues and fix them with a click of a button.
- WooCommerce dedicated integration helps you to build an eCommerce store optimized for search engines.
- Seamless CDN (Content Delivery Network) integration
- It lacks features like image compression, image lazy loading, cache pre-loading in its free version.
Pricing: Free or $44/Year for Pro Plan
The plugin also allows you to optimize and lazy-load images for fast page loading speed. Besides, it enables using several caching plugins like Speed Booster Pack, WP Super Cache, KeyCDN’s Cache Enabler, etc. to further complement the functions of Autoptimize.
- You can optimize how Google Fonts are loaded.
- It allows you to disable WordPress core emoji cruft to improve your site’s speed.
- Autoptimize Pro is available for enhancing optimization services.
- It lacks built-in cache feature so you need to install a separate plugin for caching.
Pricing: Free or €299 for Autoptimize Expert Configuration
20. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is a popular speed optimization plugin. It makes the best use of the features like Content Delivery Network (CDN) and other latest practices to improve the site’s SEO by reducing the load times for higher ranking opportunities. W3 Total Cache also supports Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- The plugin is compatible with shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
- It supports Browser caching for ‘instant’ repeat page views.
- It enables minification of HTML, CSS, and JS files and saves up to 80% of bandwidth.
- W3 Total Cache isn’t among the easy-to-use plugins.
- It lacks proper documentation.
Pricing: Free or $8.25/Month
21. LiteSpeed Cache
LiteSpeed Cache is one of the best caching plugins and contains advanced cache management tools and optimizing features. It follows the best SEO practices for achieving a high PageSpeed score and the best user experience. The plugin is single or multisite (network) compatible.
It supports Content Delivery Network (CDN) eliminating the need of installing a separate CDN plugin. Besides, it optimizes your database, images, and often features a lazy load of images. Also, it’s compatible with popular WordPress plugins such as Yoast SEO, bbPress, WooCommerce, WPML, Contact Form 7, etc.
- LiteSpeed also works with ClassicPress – a new business-focused Content Management System.
- Server level cache helps you to directly communicate with the web server for storing contents, assets, elements, and data.
- HTTP/2 Push helps to predict the browser’s need and instantly act upon it without waiting for separate requests.
- General features of the plugin can be used by anyone with any server. However, LightSpeed exclusive feature demands any one of the following requirements: LightSpeed-powered hosting, OpenLiteSpeed, commercial LightSpeed products, or QUIC.cloud CDN.
With 1+ million active installations, WP-Optimize is among the simple and effective tools that you’ll ever need for keeping your website fast and optimized. It optimizes your site in 3 easy ways. Firstly, it removes all the unnecessary data to keep your database clean. Secondly, it compresses the images of any format like PNG, JPG, GIF, etc. to speed up your site.
Further, auto-compress functions automatically compress images when you add them to your site and save a lot of your time. Last but not the least, the plugin cache your pages to ensure that your webpage loads at lightning-fast speed.
- You can get full control over which optimization you want to carry out.
- It allows you to compress images up to 64 MB.
- It provides database statistics and potential savings.
- Advanced features like multi-site control, better flexibility and control, optimization preview, etc. are only available in premium version.
Pricing: Free or $49/Year for Starter Plan
Apart from using speed optimization plugins, you’ve to consider other important things to speed up your site. Get more of the tips to speed up your WordPress website here.
E. Technical WordPress SEO Plugins
Technical SEO plugins denote those plugins that help in the optimization of your plugin site and server so that they can prompt the search engines to crawl your site with ease and index it better.
Some of the important technical WordPress SEO plugins are as follows:
Redirection is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress that helps you keep the track of 404 errors, manage 301 redirections, and so on. In a nutshell, it’s a redirect manager that helps to minimize the possible site errors and improve its ranking. The plugin is suitable for a site with few redirects to a site with thousands.
Additionally, the plugin can be used to monitor the change in post/page URL and redirect to a new URL. It tracks all the 404 errors and helps you fix problems. Further, the logging option informs you about the redirects occurring on your site. It also provides information about the visitors, browsers used, etc.
- The plugin is absolutely free.
- It allows you to manage your redirection right from your WordPress dashboard.
- A fully-featured import and export system of the plugin gives you full control over your data as you can import and export data from other redirect plugins.
- Continual scanning your site for 404 errors requires the involvement of server resources. Thus, the speed of your site may slow down.
As suggested by the name, Broken Link Checker is a WordPress SEO plugin that searches for broken links and fixes them. The plugin monitors the internal and external links of your posts/pages, comments, etc., and detects the bad links. This allows you to improve the quality of your site’s SEO and provide a better user experience.
Once you install this plugin, it instantly starts scanning your pages, posts, and other content for links. It may take a few minutes to hours to scan your site depending upon the size of your site. All the broken links detected by the plugin will appear on the Broken Links tab under the Tools section of the WordPress admin panel.
- The plugin notifies about the broken links via email or the dashboard itself.
- You can edit the link directly from the plugin’s page without needing to visit your pages or posts.
- It allows searching or filtering the links using anchor text, URL, etc.
- Continuous scanning functionality of the plugin for broken links may hamper your site’s performance and speed.
25. AMP for WP
Nowadays, mobile searches are completely taking over desktop searches. Hence, it’s required that you make your website mobile responsive. AMP for WP automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) functionality to your site and makes it faster for mobile devices.
This plugin fully supports popular page builders like Gutenberg, Elementor, Divi, etc. It’s also compatible with other SEO plugins for WordPress like Yoast SEO, All in One SEO, Rank Math, etc. Moreover, it has several awesome features such as unlimited color schemes, custom AMP FrontPage, Image Logo Upload, etc.
- The plugin automatically integrates Accelerated Mobile Pages to your site.
- It has 3 built-in AMP layouts exclusively built for business sites and landing pages.
- Mobile redirection empowers you to provide an excellent user experience which means more engagement and less bounce rate.
- You have to purchase premium extensions to enhance its features and functionality.
Pricing: Free or $10 per Extension
Do you want to add schema.org structured data markup to your site? If so, Schema is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins for this purpose. Structured data markup helps search engines understand your content better and in turn, search engines provide the most relevant results to their users.
The plugin is lightweight, super-fast, and easy to use. Since it has minimal settings, you can quickly start using this plugin to add schema markup appropriate to your content in no time. Hence, your content will be presented in the search engines more efficiently.
- It’s based on the highly recommended JSON-LD format by Google.
- The plugin is highly extensible meaning you can enhance its functionality using other plugins and extensions.
- It enables you to utilize the previous data saved in post meta created by other plugins.
- In the free version, a schema.org type is limited for Article and BlogPosting only. You’ve to purchase a premium version for more options.
- Email support is provided in premium versions only.
Pricing: Free or $79/Year
F. Other Important WordPress SEO Plugins
27. MonsterInsights – Google Analytics
In simple words, Google Analytics is a widely-used web analytics service. It allows tracking the performance of your site and understanding how your visitors find and use your site. This information is extremely helpful to improve your site’s performance and for higher search engine rankings.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress available in the market today. With this plugin, you can enable all the Google Analytics tracking features in a few clicks. Therefore, it allows you to boost your site’s performance in the easiest way possible.
- The plugin effortlessly connects your WordPress website with Google Analytics.
- It allows understanding your potential site visitors in a whole new way.
- It has a built-in Google Analytics dashboard so that you can view all the analytics reports right through the WordPress dashboard.
- Premium versions of MonsterInsights have expensive pricing.
Pricing: Free or $99.50/Year for Plus Plan
a3 Lazy Load is an extremely simple and easy-to-use lazy load plugin for WordPress to drastically improve your site’s page loading speed. The plugin’s admin settings enable you to apply lazy load to the desired elements and define when they will appear in the user’s browser.
With this plugin, you can lazy load the elements like images, videos, iframes, and WebP images. a3 Lazy Load also allows you to exclude lazy load effects to some of the images and videos. Besides, it’s a mobile-oriented plugin that provides support to the WordPress AMP plugin.
- It’s a free yet fully-featured lazy load plugin.
- The plugin won’t conflict with other plugins that have built-in lazy load functionality.
- It has 2 options for lazy loading of images i.e. Fade-in or Spinner effect.
- Some images, videos, and objects with custom written functions aren’t lazy-loaded by the plugin.
As you can see, Search engine optimization is a crucial element for improving organic traffic, leads, and customers. Neglecting SEO can affect your site in many ways. Therefore, if you own a WordPress website, optimizing it for search engines is what you need to do in the first place.
Although there are tremendous WordPress SEO plugins available, not all of them are good for your site. Hence, you need to choose them carefully. That’s why we’ve provided the best SEO plugins for WordPress handpicked by the experts to be used on your site.
If you’re still in dilemma about what the best SEO plugins for WordPress are, here’re some quick suggestions:
- All-in-one SEO plugins: Yoast SEO, Rank Math
- Keyword Research Online Tools: SEMrush, Ahrefs
- Image Optimization: Smush, TinyPNG
- Speed Optimization: Hummingbird, WP Speed of Light
- Technical WordPress SEO plugin: Redirection, Broken Link Checker
- Google Analytics: MonsterInsights
Also, it’s important that you use these WordPress SEO plugins with optimized WordPress themes to reap the full benefits. You can check our article on the best SEO-friendly WordPress themes and also go through helpful tips to improve SEO on WordPress.
Hopefully, our article has helped you find the best WordPress SEO plugin for your site.
If you think our article was helpful enough, please share it with your friends. Also, you can write to us in the comment section below if you’ve any say on this.