Are you searching for one of the best WordPress header plugins to add headers on your website? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
Users often get the first impression from the header of your website and it is very important that it looks perfect. So, to help you create the perfect creative header for your website, we have listed some of the best free and premium WordPress header plugins.
But before that, let’s look at why to use a WordPress header plugin.
Why Use a WordPress Header Plugin?
Headers are basically the top part of any given site before the actual content starts. It usually consists of Site Title, Logo, Navigations, Social Media icons, Hero Images, and sometimes more. Other important elements like site credit, copyright information, email/newsletters, etc usually lie on the Footer section.
If you are a professional and have coding knowledge, then the easy way out to make any small changes is to use custom codes. However, since we aim to make things easier for beginners, these plugins we have made a list of will come in pretty handy.
So, it’s so much quicker and efficient with the help of these WordPress plugins that you can pretty much do anything you prefer like:
- Add Custom Header Images, include various messages.
- Customize banners, notification bars, and more.
- Fix the header elements on the top of the screen
- Add widgets to the widget-friendly area.
- Promotional advertisements with discounts, deals, and offers.
Basically, with an attractive header, you can easily increase more traffic to your site, lure more customers, capture visitor’s attention furthering them to your desired page, and manage your site leaving a lasting impression! And with all of these in mind, let’s get onto our list of Best Custom Header WordPress Plugins efficiently!
Best Free WordPress Header Plugins For 2021!
A simple to understand and use Free WordPress Header plugin, Head, Footer & Post Injections does exactly as it implies. It provides the user with an easy-to-use interface to come up with codes for Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Google DFP code, and more to add to any Headers, Footers, and posts.
Simply copy the generated code and paste it into the desired field to get instant results. It even includes an AMP dedicated section that enables the users to easily inject specific codes to AMP pages.
- Easy Centralized Management option.
- Distinct Desktop and Mobile injections.
- User-friendly process to add codes.
- Independent from the theme used.
- Supports placeholders for special code placements.
Another similar plugin that enables users to add useful header codes on any of their posts and pages is Insert Headers & Footers. However, unlike other plugins, users can customize and place scripts from one place easily.
Easy to install and set up, you can add Google Analytics, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel code, and more. Add the codes on the setting page for Header and Footer to get started. It provides an easy way out to a complicated process involving dozen different plugins and gets it all done in one go with this free WordPress custom Header plugin.
- Quick and Easy Install and Set-up process.
- Custom CSS option throughout the theme.
- Supports Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel code, and more.
- User-friendly interface.
While the other plugins we have mentioned are designed to cater to only the header, this useful WordPress plugin enables the feature to support every element. That’s right! With Sticky Menu, Sticky Header (or Anything) on Scroll, you can make any elements with a class or ID to be sticky.
You can position them, customize the spacing, and even enable the stickiness to appear on certain screen sizes. It even includes a Debug mode to find out the reason for any issues that occur. Another advanced feature it includes is the Admin Bar aware mode.
- Support almost every element with an ID or class to be sticky.
- Includes various modes like Dynamic, Legacy, and Debug.
- Custom spacing enabled.
- Includes option for Push-up elements.
- Admin Bar Aware mode.
Now that we have talked about making the menu sticky, adding Header images, let’s talk business. Ad-inserter is a free WordPress Header plugin that allows users access to advanced advertisement features. And this includes adding it onto the Headers as well.
It supports ads of every kind including- Google Adsense, Amazing Native Shopping Ad, Media.net ads, and more. With precise placements, rocket your business through the roof with Ad-Inserter. You can inject the ads before or after the header tag or Footer with ease.
- Easy copy & paste function.
- Supports almost every ad niche.
- Flexible and versatile.
- Automatic ad insertion option.
- Custom alignments and styles for ads.
Woody ad snippets is one of the other free WordPress header plugins which enable you to add headers to your website. Not only that, but it also enables you to add footer and Adsense codes as well.
Similarly, this plugin also lets you insert Facebook pixels, scripts, image tags, and so on like most of the header plugins in this list. But, what’s better about this plugin is that you can also show or hide code snippets based on conditional logic.
- User-friendly code editor with syntax highlighter
- Special unit to add a snippet in Gutenberg editor
- Unlimited number of code snippets are available
- Display or hide code snippets based on conditional logic
- Export/Import of code snippets
As mentioned in the name itself, this is a free WordPress header plugin designed to help you design and create headers for your website. Hence, the WordPress Header Builder Plugin can be a big help for you to create your headers.
It has an intuitive drag and drop builder to make customizing your header easy. Similarly, you can also add header images, texts, and logos which can help you even more with the customizations.
- Fully customizable header colors and sizes
- Multiple position options for the header
- Availability of sticky headers
- User friendly and easy to use.
- Excellent Navigation Options.
If you have already installed Elementor, the page builder plugin, and want a WordPress header plugin to use with it, this plugin can be perfect for you. However, you do need to make sure that you have already installed the Elementor plugin.
Then, with the help of this plugin, you can create a layout with Elementor and set it as a header and even a footer. You can also use the Elementor editor to create some box header or footer designs.
- Select specific display locations for your header.
- Automatically inherits the site logo and title.
- Multiple navigation menu layouts
- Major plugins compatible
- Awesome support
Best Premium WordPress Header Plugins!
Getting into the premium section, the first custom Header WordPress Plugin we have in line is Sticky Header on Scroll. It is designed to help users enable custom stickiness on headers that you create with ease. No matter which WordPress theme you are using, this plugin adjusts with them all.
The plugin is completely responsive and uses clean and marked coding. Get advanced and animated options as well to add in that extra creative touch. What’s more is you get attractive social media icons, buttons and more.
- Animated Menu buttons.
- Customizable logo and header section.
- Creative CTAs and Social Media icons.
- Next Post button included.
- Live Customizer with real-time preview.
A simple yet attractive plugin to help users create attention-grabbing Headers to rest atop their site, WP Header Bar is an effective WordPress Header plugin. 100% responsive, you can create unlimited notification bars for your site using this plugin.
What’s more, is that you can also add Slide-shows focusing on your products or services. Not only this, but it includes Page Level Targeting, allowing users to target specific Posts, Pages, Tags, or categories to display the bar.
- Live Customizer with real-time preview.
- Specific Page Level targeting.
- Option to schedule displaying headers.
- Add custom links, social media icons and more.
- Personalize height, width and even color schemes.
Mega Main Menu is a premium Header plugin Package of everything that you require to create an efficient, creative, and attention-grabbing header for your website.
Get unlimited color schemes, icons, fonts, and more to choose from. And unlike other plugins, it is not limited to only making the menu sticky. It also offers over 10 different menu styles to choose from as well. Adding to all of this, the plugin also supports WPML and is completely translation-ready as well.
- Unlimited styles and variations to choose from.
- Supports over 10 effective Drop-down features.
- Enable or Disable stickiness.
- Get stunning icons & fonts to choose from.
- Cross-browser compatible and responsive designs.
Groovy Mega Menu is one of the most customizable premium WordPress header plugins. It is designed as a mega menu plugin but can be quite useful for you to add headers as well.
Furthermore, the most useful feature of this plugin is the availability of its presets for headers. Hence, you can use it in multiple ways and with multiple layouts with the help of this plugin.
- Multiple header and menu layouts
- Page builder support
- Online library with presets
- Custom Menu Badges
- RTL and WPML ready.
You can display your header as a floating content on your website as well. So, to help you with it, Advanced Floating Content can be one of the perfect premium WordPress header plugins for you.
This plugin can be used as a header for warning purposes as well as to display any type of notices. You can even display them as a sticky header on the top of your page if needed.
- Various animation effects.
- Auto schedule your content.
- Hide the floating contents on certain width.
- Display your floating content at a certain height with a page scroll.
- Option to enable floating content to logged-in users only.
And with this we end our list of Best WordPress Header plugins. Users often get their first impression of a particular site from what the header looks like. Thus, we have included almost every variations of WordPress Header plugins whether you want to add sliders, images, ads or create sticky menu or floating menus.
All of the plugins enables users an easy way out to create Headers that matches their requirements. While we have mentioned both Free and Premium options, you can go for something that suits your needs.
We hope this article was helpful to you and have found the perfect plugin by now. Do leave us a comment down below to let us know what you think of this post! And if this was helpful, why not check out more of our plugin listings as well.