Are you searching for the best WordPress header plugins to add headers to your website? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place.
Users often get the first impression from the header of your website. Therefore, it’s important that your header looks perfect.
Hence, to help you add the creative header for your site, we’ve listed some of the fabulous WordPress header plugins. But before anything else, let’s look at why to use a WordPress header plugin.
Why Use a WordPress Header Plugin?
Headers are basically the top part of any given site before the actual content starts. It usually consists of Site Title, Logo, Navigations, Social Media icons, Hero Images, and sometimes more. Other important elements like site credit, copyright information, email/newsletters, etc. usually lie on the Footer section.
If you’re a professional and have coding knowledge, then the easy way to make changes is to use the custom codes. However, since we aim to make things easier for beginners, these plugins list will come in pretty handy.
It’s much quicker and more efficient with the help of these WordPress plugins as they’ll help you do anything you prefer like:
- Add Custom Header Images, include various messages.
- Customize banners, notification bars, and more.
- Fix the header elements on the top of the screen
- Add widgets to the widget-friendly area.
- Promotional advertisements with discounts, deals, and offers.
Basically, with an attractive header, you can easily increase more traffic to your site, lure more customers, and capture visitors’ attention. Thus, you can encourage users to visit the desired page, and manage your site to leave a lasting impression!
With all these in mind, it’s time to get onto our list of the best custom header WordPress plugins. Let’s begin!
11 Best WordPress Header Plugins for 2022
1. Insert Headers & Footers
Insert Headers & Footers is a simple header plugin for WordPress that enables users to add useful header codes on any of their posts and pages. However, unlike other plugins, users can customize and place scripts from one place effortlessly.
Easy to install and set up, you can add Google Analytics, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel code, and more. You can even add the codes on the setting page for the header and footer to get started. It provides an easy way out of a complicated process involving dozen of different plugins and gets it all done in one go.
- Quick and easy install and setup process.
- Custom CSS option throughout the theme.
- Supports Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel code, and more.
- User-friendly interface.
2. Elementor Header & Footer Builder
If you’ve got the Elementor page builder on your site and want a WordPress header plugin to use with it, then Elementor Header & Footer Builder is a perfect fit for you. However, you do need to make sure that you’ve already installed the Elementor plugin.
Then, with the help of this plugin, you can create a layout with Elementor and set it as a header and even a footer. Further, you can also use the Elementor editor to create some box header or footer designs.
- Select specific display locations for your header.
- Automatically inherits the site logo and title.
- Multiple navigation menu layouts.
- Major plugins compatible.
- Awesome support.
3. Ad Inserter
Ad Inserter is a fabulous WordPress plugin that allows users access to advanced advertisement features. And this includes adding it onto the headers as well. It supports ads of every kind including- Google AdSense, Amazing Native Shopping Ad, Media.net ads, and more.
With precise placements, you can rocket your business through the roof with Ad Inserter. It allows you to inject the ads before or after the header tag or footer with ease. Besides ad insertion, it also provides options to insert opt-in forms, header scripts, analytics, etc. anywhere on the page.
- Easy copy & paste function.
- Supports almost every ad niche.
- Flexible and versatile.
- Automatic ad insertion option.
- Custom alignments and styles for ads.
Price: Free or €20 for 2 Sites
4. Header Footer Code Manager
With over 300K active installations, Header Footer Code Manager is one of the best header plugins for WordPress. It provides an easy-to-use interface to add the snippets to the header and footer. Not to mention, it also allows snippet addition above or below your page content.
This plugin not only lets you add a custom WordPress header design but also lets you add unlimited scripts and styles on any posts or pages. Besides, it also gives you the ability to know exactly which snippets are loading and where they display.
- Google Analytics and Google AdSense support.
- Avoid wrong placement of the snippets.
- Support for custom post types.
- Labeling of snippet for easy reference.
- Multiple page display options.
5. Sticky Menu & Sticky Header
While the other plugins we’ve mentioned are designed to cater to only the header, this useful WordPress plugin enables the feature to support every element. That’s right! With Sticky Menu & Sticky Header, you can make any elements with a class or ID to be sticky.
You can position them, customize the spacing, and even enable the stickiness to appear on certain screen sizes. It even includes a Debug mode to find out the reason for any issues that occur. Another advanced feature is the Admin Bar aware mode that checks if the current user has the Admin Toolbar at the top of the page.
- Support almost every element with an ID or class to be sticky.
- Includes various modes like Dynamic, Legacy, and Debug.
- Custom spacing enabled.
- Includes option for Push-up elements.
- Pro version available for additional features.
Price: Free or $39 for Lifetime License
6. Woody code snippets
Woody code snippets is yet another outstanding free WordPress header plugin that enables you to add headers to your website. Not only that, but it also enables you to add footer and AdSense codes as well.
Similarly, this plugin also lets you insert Facebook pixels, scripts, image tags, and so on like most of the header plugins in this list. But, what’s better about this plugin is that you can also show or hide code snippets using smart conditional logic.
- User-friendly code editor with syntax highlighter.
- Special unit to add a snippet in Gutenberg editor.
- Unlimited number of code snippets are available.
- Display or hide code snippets based on conditional logic.
- Export/Import of code snippets.
Price: Free or $19 for 2 Sites
Just like its name, myStickymenu plugin lets you make your menu or header sticky on top of your page when scrolled. Hence, it allows visitors to navigate easily on your site thereby improving the user experience.
Additionally, this lightweight plugin can also be used to create the notification bar and welcome bar for announcements, promotion, and more. It’s also compatible with all WordPress themes and page builders like Elementor, Divi, WPBakery, Visual Composer, etc.
- Makes your menu sticky right out of the box.
- Multi-language support.
- Add Custom CSS code.
- Fade or slide effects.
- Change background color and opacity.
Price: Free or $19/Year for 1 Site
8. Groovy Mega Menu
Groovy Mega Menu is one of the most customizable premium WordPress header plugins. It’s specifically designed as a mega menu plugin. However, it is also quite useful to create various headers for your site as well.
Furthermore, the most useful feature of this plugin is the availability of its presets for headers. Hence, you can choose your favorite one from the library and have it customized to suit your business need.
- Multiple header and menu layouts
- Page builder support
- Online library with presets
- Custom Menu Badges
- RTL and WPML ready.
9. Advanced Floating Content
You can display your header as floating content on your website as well. And, to help you with it, Advanced Floating Content can be one of the perfect premium WordPress header plugins for you.
This plugin can be used as a header for warning purposes as well as to display any type of notice. You can even display them as a sticky header on the top of your page if needed. Moreover, with its new animation feature, now you can also add animations to your floating content with various animation effects.
- Auto schedule your content.
- Hide the floating contents on certain width.
- Display your floating content at a certain height with a page scroll.
- Option to enable floating content to logged-in users only.
- Create unlimited themes/layouts for the floating contents.
10. WP Header Images
WP Header Images is an amazing header plugin that gives you the ability to implement custom header images for each page. It means you can choose different images for each menu page. Your Menu items can either be a page, post, category, or just a link.
Along with that, it also enables you to add unique header images for each WooCommerce category and product page as well. Further, the plugin is fully compatible with Guava Pattern, WooThemes, Genesis, Codestar, and so on.
- Can be used with menu pages, posts, links, categories, and products.
- Easy Menu items management from WordPress dashboard.
- Custom CSS for styling.
- Detailed video tutorial available.
- Compatible with all WordPress themes developed following WordPress standards.
11. Ultimate Header Builder
Ultimate Header Builder is a responsive header WordPress plugin with a fast loading speed. Using its drag and drop builder, you can customize your site’s header just like you’ve imagined without any coding knowledge.
Best of all, it offers you different templates for your header which you can import with a single click. Moreover, the plugin also enables you to create unlimited header layouts with different elements using its visual builder.
- One click header template import.
- Easy designing of the header for the website.
- Page builders compatible.
- Translation ready.
- Dedicated customer support.
And with this, we end our list of the best WordPress header plugins. Users often get their first impression of a particular site from what the header looks like. Thus, we’ve included almost every variation of WordPress header plugins whether you want to add sliders, images, ads, and create a sticky menu or floating menus.
All of the plugins enable users an easy way out to create headers that match their requirements. While we’ve mentioned both free and premium options, you can go for something that suits your needs.
We hope this article was helpful to you. And, if this was helpful, please make sure to share it with your friends too. Also, do leave us a comment down below to let us know what you think of this post!
Lastly, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest WordPress-related articles updates.
Want to read more? Then, you can also check our articles on the best WordPress payment and file upload plugins.