Looking for the best WordPress file upload plugin? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Allowing your users to upload files or documents through your website’s front-end benefits you in multiple ways. The best way to do this is to use a WordPress file submission plugin that allows users to upload any file of any size and format with just a click of a button.
That’s why in this article, we’ve come up with the best WordPress file upload plugins for your website.
But before looking at the list, let’s understand why you should use a WordPress file upload plugin.
Why Should You Use a WordPress File Upload Plugin?
It’s very important to communicate effectively with your website users and customers. And to establish the flow of communication between you and your customer, WordPress file submission plugins play a crucial role.
So here are some of the reasons for using the WordPress file upload plugin on your website.
- To Know Your Customers Better: Through the uploaded files and documents, you can understand and analyze customer behavior. This knowledge can then be used to grow your business in the long run.
- To Allow Guest Post: Nowadays, having guest post content enhances your website’s credibility and authenticity. It also builds trust among your users.
- Gather User information: Collecting feedback, receiving support requests, and more becomes easy with the WordPress file upload plugin.
- To Accept Applications: If you have a job-related website or want to hire employees, you can create a form field to accept candidates’ resumes and cover letters with the WordPress file submission plugin.
Even though these are just a handful of reasons for showcasing the importance of using the WordPress file submission plugin, we hope you’ve got the overall idea.
So now, it’s time to know what features to look for in a WordPress file upload plugin!
What Features to Look for in a WordPress File Upload Plugin?
WordPress only allows uploading certain types of files by default. However, you can extend its functionality through file upload plugins.
So here are some main features that you need to have in your WordPress file upload plugin.
- Limit File Upload Size: Files with huge sizes slow down your website’s speed and can cause various issues. Therefore, it’s necessary to limit your user’s uploaded file sizes.
- Feature to Accept any Files: Your selected file upload plugin must allow your user to upload any files such as audio files, videos, images, and different documents like pdf, doc, dox, xls, xlsx, csv, ppt, and pptx.
- Save Uploaded Files at Different Destinations: As your user submits any files or documents, then your selected plugin must be able to save it on different platforms likes Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon Drive, etc.
- Restrict File Format: With this feature, you can allow your users to submit specific files. For example, you can ask images only in jpg format, or you can allow to submit documents only in pdf and so on.
Now that you know about the features you need to look for in a WordPress file upload plugin, let’s start our list of the 11 best WordPress file upload plugins.
11 Best WordPress File Upload Plugins
With unlimited form fields and extensive customization options, Everest Forms comes first on our list. Users can easily upload multiple files through this plugin’s front-end forms. Apart from that, its advanced shortcodes enable you to place file upload fields on your post and pages.
Plus, it sends a notification when any of your users submit any files or documents. It also has an AJAX form submission feature that enables users to submit files without reloading the form page.
- Integrated with Stripe and Paypal
- Comes With Smart Conditional Logic
- Quick Form Preview
- Multilingual Support
- Create Multi-step Forms
Price: Free or $49 for a Personal Plan
User Registration is one of the best WordPress plugins that allows you to create an intuitive file upload field simply by drag-and-drop. Its amazing smart tags feature helps you gather every piece of information about your users and customer.
Hence, this plugin lets your users upload any file from your website’s front-end. Also, you can create custom forms with User Registration easily and quickly. Other than that, it enables you to create multi-column forms without any hassle.
- Let Users Upload Images
- Mobile Responsive Forms
- Shortcode Support
- User Data Export CSV
Price: Free or $69 for a Personal Plan
WPForms is one of the prominent WordPress plugins on our list that comes with extensive features. With WPForms, your users can easily submit files like photos and text documents. It also enables you to view every single lead in one place. Plus, you can use this plugin for your eCommerce website as well.
Its AJAX feature prevents a page from reloading when your users upload any file. Besides that, this plugin allows you to create a contact form, newsletter forms, survey forms, payment forms, registration forms, and so on. With all things considered, we can say that WPForms is one of the must-have WordPress plugins for your website.
- Fully Responsive
- Easy To Embed
- Spam Protection
- Easy To Customize
- Drag & Drop Form Builder
Price: Free or $39.50 for a Basic Plan
Forminator is a WordPress file upload plugin that allows users to submit any size and format for a file with a click of a button. Its additional features allow you to take payments, create donations polls, and sell merch as it comes with Stripe and PayPal integrations.
This easy-to-use plugin lets you limit the number of file uploads, file size, and file types as well. Forminator also allows you to add a quiz section and audience poll that helps to enhance your site engagement. All in all, it’s the best WordPress file submission plugin that comes with various features.
- Easy To Create Registration and Login Forms
- Accept eSignature
- Comes With 25+ Form Fields
- Fully Responsive
Price: Free or $60/year for a Single Site License
WooCommerce Upload Files is the perfect WordPress file submission plugin for your online shopping store. That’s because it enables your user to upload different files on the product cart and checkout field.
Using this WordPress file upload plugin, your customer can also submit a note with each file upload. Besides that, you can even customize the upload file button with various layouts, colors, and text.
- Single or Multiple File Uploads
- Download File Option for Admin and Customer
- Set Price to Charge Customer for File Uploads
- Gives Customer Authority to Preview or Delete Files
- Email Notification on File Uploads
Price: $25 for a Regular License
Gravity Forms is another best WordPress file upload plugin for users that comes with an intuitive drag-and-drop form building feature. With its 30 plus interactive custom forms, you can easily gather any content from your users.
On top of that, it allows your users to upload single or multiple files that’re automatically stored on your site server. Other than that, this plugin works flawlessly for any nature of WordPress website or blog. Most importantly, you can also create contact form, subscription form, online payment collection form, etc.
- Comes with Multi-Column Layouts
- Compatible with Multiple WordPress Website
- Fully Responsive Form
- Simple Import and Export Functions
- Comes with Custom Form CSS
Price: $59/year for a Basic Plan
7. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is one of the most popular plugins in the WordPress marketplace. With its pro version, you can allow your users to upload audio files, pdfs, spreadsheets, images, videos, etc. And it also allows creating eye-catching contact form as well.
Plus, you can set users’ uploaded file destination to your WordPress media library, Google Drive, Dropbox, or even at Amazon S3. Thus, it’s another awesome WordPress file upload plugin that comes with advanced shortcodes for placing the file upload field just anywhere you want.
- Comes with 27+ Field Types
- Spam Protection Including Akismet and Google reCaptcha
- Shareable Public Form Links
Price: Free or $49.50 for a Personal Plan
WordPress File Upload plugin allows your users to submit any file without compromising your website security. In addition, it sends a notification whenever your user submits any files. And you can set the destination folder of uploaded files as well.
The advanced features of this WordPress plugin enable users to capture and upload screenshots or video from the device’s camera. Other than that, you can easily set up your site to accept sponsored posts or guest posts from the front-end.
- Supports Additional Form Feilds like Checkbox, Text Field etc
- Redirect to Another URL After Successful Upload
- Highly Customizable
- Comes with File Browser in the Dashboard
- Supports Multilingual Character and Localization
Price: Free or €20
Deploying any form with the WP User Frontend plugin becomes easy as it comes with extensive features. For example, with its drag-and-drop functionality, this plugin allows your user to upload multiple files at a single time.
Moreover, users can submit any size or any file without giving them your website’s back-end access. You can also restrict the number of uploaded files, their types, and files size as well. Hence, we can say that it’s the one of the best WordPress file upload plugins for your WordPress site.
- Easy to Create Event Registration Forms
- Turn Website into a Membership Site
- Live Preview
- Build Unlimited Forms
- Easy to Customize
Price: Free or $49/year for a Personal Plan
Using the Filetrip WordPress file submission plugin, your users can upload audio files, videos, images, and various documents. Most importantly, you can set file size limits and control which types of files to upload.
Basically, creating a file upload form with the Filetrip to accept any content from your visitors becomes an easy task. Plus, with its responsive front-end and back-end GUI, you can customize and create unlimited uploaders which you can save in different cloud destinations.
- Smart Bulk Media Distributor with API
- Flexible and Powerful Backup Scheduler
- Spam Protection
- Fully Integrated with Contact Form 7
- Easy to Embed
Frontend File Manager Plugin lets your users upload a file simply by the drag-and-drop function. And as your users submit files, it sends them to multiple destinations like Google Drive, Dropbox, or WordPress media library.
This WordPress file submission plugin allows you to set a limit per user file count and give authority to guests to upload any sort of files. Other than that, it comes with a visual composer add-on and has a fast, responsive, and elegant UI.
- File Detail Popup
- Create Unlimited Download Area
- Easy to Create Directories
- Comes with Email Notification Setting
- Thumbs for Images
Price: Free or $35
A WordPress File Upload plugin is the best way to collect your user’s feedback, gather information, and interact with your customer efficiently. So, we hope that our list of best WordPress file upload plugins has helped you to select the right file upload plugin for your WordPress website.
However, if you’re still wondering which one will be the best file upload plugin for your website then, we do recommend Everest Forms.
Everest Forms is a popular form builder plugin that’s highly extendible through add-ons. It not only allows your users to upload any sort of files but also helps to receive payment, create donation forms, add repeatable fields, and so on.