Looking for the best WordPress donation plugins for your organization? With a WordPress fundraising plugin, you can collect funds from your website with a simple donate button.
All you need is a donate button on your website, and a WordPress donation plugin to create and manage fundraising campaigns for your organization. You’ll be able to integrate payment gateways, accept donations, track donor activity, and send customized emails without any hassle.
That’s why we’ve prepared a list of the best WordPress donation plugins and tools for you to collect donations and set fundraising campaigns through your website. So, let’s dive in.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Donation Plugins?
It’s a good decision to use donation plugins since they make it easy to collect and manage donations. However, with so many options available in the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one.
So, let us list out some of the things you need to consider while choosing a donation plugin:
- Choose a plugin that supports secure payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe. It’s even better if the plugin has multiple payment gateways.
- You’ll find donation plugins charging platform fees for using their service. So, look for plugins that charge the lowest amount or are completely free of cost.
- You must select WordPress plugins that offer highly customizable donate buttons. This way, you’ll be able to personalize the text, color, and description to your liking.
- Choose a donation plugin that enables you to place donation forms on any page, post or sidebar on your website.
With that said, it’s time we explore some of the best WordPress donation plugins and tools.
14 Best WordPress Donation Plugins and Tools
If you’re planning to place a donation form on your WordPress site for your fundraising campaign, Everest Forms is the perfect solution.
This plugin is an ultimate form builder, which also has the option to create a donation form. It comes with a donation form template that you can customize in just a few minutes. As quick as that, a donation form will be ready to be published on your site.
However, you’ll need the premium version of Everest Forms to get the template. Once you’re a premium user, you can also integrate payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe into your forms. This way, you’ll be able to receive donations directly through your form.
- Beginner-friendly drag and drop interface
- 100% mobile responsive
- Create unlimited forms
- Support multi-language translation
- Receive donations through PayPal and Stripe
Price: Free or $69/year
GiveWP is one of the best WordPress donation plugins for online fundraising. You can easily create one-time donations as well as recurring donation options in your WordPress website. It’s also noteworthy for its non-profit friendly pricing model.
Moreover, this plugin has a wide range of functionalities for you to customize your fundraising WordPress website. You can also keep track of your donations by integrating Google Analytics.
Besides, GiveWP is a freemium plugin. So, you can upgrade to their yearly paid plans for more impressive features too.
- Multiple payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Paytm, Authorize.net, etc.
- Keep track of donors on your site
- Provide complete payment history to donors
- Multiple display styles options like standalone pages, buttons, modal popups
- Import and export data
Price: Free or $249/year
Placing the donation widget in these places makes your campaign more visible. Customers can simply add the amount of donation to their shopping cart and pay through the regular checkout process.
Furthermore, you can set a goal for the fundraiser and place a progress bar on your website. This enables customers to see how far or close your campaign is from the goal, which encourages them to join in as well.
- Donors decide the donation amount
- Display custom ‘Thank You’ message to donors
- Create multiple donation campaigns
- Enable customers to round up their bill and donate the change
- Customize the donation widget and form
WordPress PayPal is a popular donation plugin that you can use for free from the WordPress repository. Using this plugin, you can add a donation button on any of your WordPress pages, post, or sidebar. And that too by simply using a widget or pre-generated shortcode.
As the name suggests, it allows you to connect WordPress to your PayPal account and receive donations from a donor. It also gives you the option to configure the settings such as including various currencies, custom payment page style, multiple button sizes, localization, and many more.
- Uses a trusted payment gateway i.e. PayPal
- Accept one time or repeated donations
- Works with 20+ currencies from over 200+ countries
- Pre-built PayPal donation buttons
- Easy-to-use shortcodes and widgets
Charitable is another user-friendly freemium donation plugin that allows you to collect donations and set fundraising campaigns. Plus, the free version of the plugin is loaded with features. You can easily customize your donation forms, select a fixed donation amount, add a custom amount, or both.
If you need features like more payment gateways, email marketing, gift aid, recurring donations, etc. you can purchase one of their paid plans. The cheapest premium plan starts at $129/year. But you can always upgrade to other plans according to your requirements.
- Customizable offline payment instructions
- Create unlimited campaigns
- Embed a donation form on any page
- Send customized emails to donors after receiving donations
- Peer-to-peer fundraising and crowdfunding
Price: Free or $129/year
SUMO WooCommerce Donations is a premium WooCommerce plugin that allows you to collect donations from your store itself. And the best part is that you can mention the necessary information regarding your cause for raising the fund.
Additionally, you can use multiple donation methods to collect donations from your customers like automatic donation and manual donation. Also, it works perfectly with all WordPress themes as long as they’re developed through WordPress and are WooCommerce-powered.
- Display donation form on the product page, cart page, and checkout page
- Use shortcodes to add donation forms on any page or post
- Force automatic or manual donations
- Customizable donation form available
- Reward customers for donating
Price: $39 for a Regular License
Seamless Donations is a WordPress fundraising plugin that you can download for free. Even with the free version, you get a feature-rich tool that enables you to easily control and manage donations from the WordPress dashboard. And it also has tools for tracking the donation activities.
This donation plugin accepts donations through PayPal or credit cards. It doesn’t charge any transaction fees, so you can accept one-time or recurring donation payments. Besides that, you can even show your gratitude to your donors with customized ‘Thank You’ emails.
- 20+ currency and language support
- Standard post types for donors and funds
- Built-in recurring donations
- Premium add-ons and extensions
- Support from FAQ, documentation, and video tutorials
Price: Free (Pay only for extensions)
Yet another amazing fundraising and donation WordPress plugin is Donorbox. The benefit of using Donorbox for your campaign is the multiple payment models. You can set up one-time donations, weekly, monthly, and annual recurring donations. Plus, it allows you to run multiple fundraising campaigns for your cause.
The only drawback of this plugin is that you’re allowed to collect free donations up to $1,000 per month. Once your donations hit more than $1,000 per month, you’ll have to pay a platform fee of 1.5% every month.
- Highly customizable donation forms
- Accepts donations through credit cards, ACH bank transfer, Stripe, and PayPal
- Embed donation form using shortcode
- Supports multiple currencies and languages
- Fully secured in terms of the data information shared by donors
Price: Donorbox lets you start free, then deducts a 1.5% platform fee from your monthly donations.
Donation Thermometer is a plugin that has a classic-style tracking thermometer image that reflects the contributions your site is receiving. A shortcode helps to determine the capacity of the image and displays it anywhere you want on your site.
On top of that, you also get to customize individual thermometer colors, currency, text, meter size, and more. Likewise, you can control the thermometer width, height, tick alignment, currency, currency symbol position, the thousand separators, etc. with optional shortcode parameters.
- Configure color schemes and default values from the settings
- Place thermometer on any post, page or sidebar
- CSS code for further customization
- Create unlimited thermometers
- Additional shortcodes available
10. Woo Donations
Woo Donations is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin for accepting donations with your fundraising campaigns. You can create a donation option with a specified amount in your WooCommerce site. And even change the color of the donate button with this plugin to match your WordPress website theme color.
Best of all, you don’t need to limit yourself while placing the donation button. With Woo Donations’ shortcode, you can add the button to any location of your website.
- Donation form in cart and checkout page
- Set up a specific product as a donation product
- Enable or disable the donation button from the cart and checkout page manually
- Set donation button color to theme color requirements
- Display donation request pop-ups
Price: Free or $19/lifetime
Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are all the rage now. If your business is based on cryptocurrencies as well, then Cryptocurrency Donation Box is the best option for your website or blog. This WordPress donation plugin lets you easily accept over twenty different cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Cardano, and many more.
Furthermore, all you need to set up a donation box, is your coin wallet address and the plugin activated on your WordPress website. Besides, the cryptocurrency donation box has a beautiful design if you’re particular about the look of your website.
- Turns payment address into a QR code
- MetaMask integration for a secure crypto wallet
- Mobile-friendly design
- Shortcodes to display donation option in pages, posts, and sidebar
- Supports 30+ crypto coins
As the plugin name suggests, YITH Donations for WooCommerce is an extension designed specially for the core WooCommerce plugin. So, if you already have a WooCommerce store, you can use this tool to collect donations for a good cause.
You can simply install and activate the plugin to your WordPress website and start using it. Although YITH Donation is free to use, you can purchase the premium version to get advanced features like donation form on the cart page, donation receipts, and custom amounts.
- Name each donation project
- Associate your donation form with a single product
- Set the minimum and maximum amount for donations
- Customize text labels and change form button style
- Add a donation form in more than one shop product
Price: Free or €79.99/year
WooCommerce Donation or Tip on Cart and Checkout is a plugin that lets you accept donations on the cart and checkout page. Customers who sympathize with the cause you’re collecting funds for can add tips to their regular checkout.
Additionally, your store visitors can specify the amount they’d like to donate. Or, you can set the default donation amount on your website for donors to donate. Once that’s done, you can use a shortcode to display the donation form anywhere on your website.
- No coding knowledge required
- Enable or disable the donation option
- Make donation taxable
- Customize the message for donors
- Works with any WooCommerce theme
Price: $23 for a Regular License
14. WP Crowdfunding
If you’re planning to create crowdfunding website, then WP Crowdfunding is the best option for you. That’s because it enables users to register projects on your site, set funding goals, set featured image and video, and more to raise funds for those projects.
The users can also update their profile and contact information, view their project lists, and change their account password. But that’s not all. The premium version of WP Crowdfunding comes with advanced features like analytical reports, social share, email notifications, and native wallet system.
- Set project start and end date
- Google reCaptcha protection
- Allow users to bookmark projects
- Reward system available
- Option to display project backers as anonymous
Price: Free or $149/year
Wrapping it up!
Now, it’s time to wrap up our list of the best WordPress donation plugins and tools. The plugins we mentioned above all function in a similar way at their core. Regardless, you’ll also find some unique features in each plugin. Hence, make sure you choose the plugin that suits the needs of your website and fundraising programs best.
For instance, if you want custom donation forms on your site, Everest Forms is the best choice.
So, we hope this article helped you pick the right WordPress donation plugin. If you’d like to continue reading about other WordPress plugins you can use for your website like Google Analytics plugins, we recommend going through our blog.