I hear people talking about the loading speeds of their websites a lot. Also, I have encountered lots of people wondering how to clear cache in WordPress and boost their website speed. After all, the internet has become all about speed today. Here, if your site takes time to load then in no time your visitors will switch to another one. Does this situation sound familiar???
Well, there are various ways to get your website optimized for speed. Your choice of WordPress hosting determines the speed of your WP site in a great deal. Remarkably, most of the best WP hosting providers come with an in-built caching (super-cacher) feature which is surely a good point. However, it would be far better if you yourself take care of caching by installing a WordPress clear cache plugin.
So, I present you the list of best WordPress cache plugins to help you improve your site’s speed. Also, I have compared and evaluated each one of them for your convenience. With the greatest reviews and highest numbers of active installs, these plugins are proven to help you get rid of the excessive loading times. Eventually, saving you from losing your global potential visitors and the Google search ranking, of course.
Comparison Table (WP Super Cache vs W3 Total Cache vs WP Rocket vs WP Fastest Cache)
POWER & FUNCTIONALITY
|WP Fastest Cache||Free plan available|
|Easy to install and configure|| |
Contact us and FAQ section
W3 Total Cache
Free plan available
$99 / year
Complex interface (Too many customization options can be overwhelming to some)
Support forums, articles, and contacts
$39 – single site
$99 – 3 sites
$199 – infinite
Easy to setup and user-friendly.
Technical support through a ticket system and FAQ section
WP Super Cache
Available for free
|Little to no configuration required.|
|Support forum and detailed FAQ section||Visit|
Now, that we have compared the WordPress cache plugins, let’s have a look at the best WordPress cache plugins in detail.
1. WP Fastest Cache (FREE + PREMIUM)
WP Fastest Cache is a WordPress cache plugin that includes almost everything a user can look for. Developers of this plugin postulate that it is the “simplest and fastest WP Cache system”. And to be honest, it is! Having 300000+ active installs, this plugin delivers a fast browsing experience to visitors.
Moreover, it is easy to set up and super easy to use. Besides, this plugin uses mod rewrite to create static HTML files based on the dynamic WordPress blog. Best of all, it automatically modifies the .htacces file. In addition, it offers a cache timeout feature. That means, all the cached files are deleted at the determinate time.
- Use of Mod_rewrite -the fastest method.
- Deletion of cache files when post or page is published.
- Supports CDN and SSL.
- Enable/ Disable cache option for mobile devices & logged in users.
- Cache timeout for specific pages.
- Does not support WordPress Multisite yet.
- Enable/Disable cache option for mobile devices and logged-in users.
- Cache Timeout for specific pages.
Price: $39.99 (Lifetime)
2. W3 Total Cache (FREE + PREMIUM)
W3 Total Cache is one of the best WordPress cache plugins for increasing the site’s performance. Consequently, this plugin helps you in improving the SEO of your site. With over one million active installs, it is also the second most downloaded caching plugins. Moreover, this free caching plugin offers tons of awe-inspiring customization options.
In addition, it uses file minification and GZIP compression to minimize the amount of loading time. Additionally, the settings area of this plugin is divided into 16 pages. Furthermore, it is compatible with CloudFlare and also supports Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Unlimited customization options.
- Supports CDN, minification and GZIP compression.
- Import post attachments directly into the media library.
- Multiple security features.
- AMP and SSL support.
- Vast customization options can be overwhelming
- Wide range of customization options (16 pages).
- Allows you to export settings for future use.
- Excellent customer support available.
Price: $99 / year
3. WP Super Cache (FREE)
WP Super Cache is a free WordPress clear cache plugin. It is one of the most downloaded caching plugin in the market with over 1 million active installs. This caching plugin is very easy to configure and super-fast. 99% of the visitors are served with static HTML files generated from a dynamic WordPress blog.
Moreover, it offers three options to decrease the loading time and increase the site’s performance. They are – using a mod rewrite, severe static pages using PHP and legacy caching. You can choose the type of caching you like in the advanced setting area. To make things more convenient, it comes with a scheduler that manages the deletion and re-caching at given intervals.
- Scheduler to clear cached pages at given interval.
- Content Delivery Networks Support.
- Page compression and dynamic caching.
- Garbage Collection option.
- REST API endpoints to access the settings.
- Few compatibility issues with some themes reported.
- No caching if the user is logged in.
- Easy to install and setup.
- Page compression and dynamic caching.
- Caching for visitors using a mobile device.
- Frequently updated.
4. WP Rocket ( PREMIUM)
And lastly, we have WP Rocket on our list of best WordPress cache plugins. It is feature-rich yet simple to use. Even better, this plugin launches upon its activation and provide immediate results. However, this feature-rich cache plugin does not come for free like others in the list. But here’s the best news, according to the benchmarking test done by Swedish Marketing expert Philip Blomsterberg, WP Rocket is the fastest option on the market at the time the test was completed.
- Static file compression.
- Immediate page caching activation.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Page caching is immediately activated.
- Lazy image loading (prevents unloaded images from being stored).
- It is not free.
- Simple, fast and intuitive setup.
- One of the fastest caching plugin in the market.
- CloudFlare integration.
- Quick tech support.
Price: $39 ( single site)
Blazing fast page load times accompanied by a user-friendly interface and top-notch customer support make these WordPress cache plugins stand tall. All of the listed plugins are ideal for giving your website an instant boost up. By now, I surmise you have already made up your mind about which plugin to use. And hopefully, this article made it easier to select the best one.
You may also like to check out some of other plugin collections on our blog: