Want to convert your WordPress form submissions to PDF? Are you looking for the best form to PDF WordPress plugin for your site? Hop in; you’re on the right page.
PDF generator WordPress plugins enable you to generate PDFs from WordPress form submissions which you can easily save, send, or share with the people you want.
Hence, we’ve curated a list of 6 top forms generating PDF WordPress plugins for your site in this article. Besides, we’ve also prepared an easy guide on how to convert WordPress forms to PDF.
So, make sure you read this article till the end!
Why Do You Need Form to PDF WordPress Plugins?
Before we jump on to the best form to PDF plugins, let’s discuss why you need them briefly.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It’s a standard file format that makes the documents presentable and readable to the users regardless of their application software, hardware, and operating software.
Unfortunately, the default version of WordPress doesn’t come with a built-in feature to enable you to download and attach all form details in a PDF format. And that’s where the form to PDF WordPress plugin comes in handy.
The WordPress contact form to PDF plugins help you convert the data from form submissions to versatile PDF versions that are easy to read, record, and share.
With that said, it’s time to explore the top PDF generator WordPress plugins for your site.
6 Best Form to PDF WordPress Plugins for 2022
First, on our list, we have Everest Forms by WPEverest. Everest Forms is not only a popular form builder plugin with over 100,000 users but also the best form to PDF WordPress plugin. It comes with a PDF Form Submission add-on that enables you to convert all the form submission data to PDF.
Further, you can attach the generated PDF in emails and send it to the admin and users. The best part is you can also choose from the different PDF templates. Additionally, producing highly customizable PDFs is a piece of cake as it enables you to configure Site Title, Form Name, Site URL, Paper Size, Font, Font Size, and more.
- Two different orientation options, i.e. Portrait or Landscape for PDF page
- Option to display reverse text in PDF (if you’re using Right-to-Left languages)
- Customize the PDF design as per your business need
- Option to add header logo
- Enable multi-column pdf
Price: $48.3/year for a Personal Plan
User Registration is one of the best WordPress registration form plugins that enables you to create professional registration and login forms without coding skills. Further, it also allows you to export all the user-submitted registration form data into PDF formats after installing the PDF Form Submission add-on.
After you export the registration form data into pdf format, you can easily attach it to your emails and send it to the admin or users. It also lets you enable or disable pdf attachments to the admin and users. Additionally, it’s possible to hide the empty fields from PDF using this plugin.
- Three different PDF form templates
- Option to display Form Name, Site Title, Site URL in PDF form
- Easily download submitted forms to PDF by clicking on the ‘Export PDF” button
- Enable PDF submission to admin and user
- Multi-column option for PDF page
Pricing: $79/year for a Personal Plan
3. Gravity PDF
If you’re someone using Gravity Forms to create custom forms for your WordPress site, Gravity PDF is an ideal PDF generator plugin for you. It lets you create great-looking PDF designs while also taking care of the privacy and security of your documents.
With Gravity PDF, you can personalize the look and feel of your PDF by customizing the header, footer, paper size, font, color, and so on. And if you think that it isn’t enough, you can also unlock the power of Gravity PDF with its premium PDF templates. Contrarily, you can also build your own template using HTML/CSS/PHP.
- Send PDF as an email attachment
- No limits on the PDF generation of your form entries
- Generate a link or URL to PDFs using shortcodes and merge tags
- Detailed documentation covering every feature of Gravity PDF
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant plugin
Pricing: Free + Several Premium PDF Designs and Features Available
4. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is one of the most user-friendly WordPress form plugins that you can get in the online market today. Besides, it’s recognized as the best form to pdf WordPress plugin as it empowers you to generate a quality PDF of any WordPress form submission with its PDF Form Submission extensions.
Apart from attaching PDF copies of form submissions to your email, it also lets you download the required form submissions as PDFs directly from your dashboard. Hence, with Ninja Forms and its PDF Form Submission add-on, you can easily upgrade your form submission record effortlessly.
- Automatically send PDF copies of the submitted forms via emails
- Manually export form submissions as PDF
- Easy PDF customization options
- Provide custom document title and body
- Upload header logo
Pricing: $49/year for 1 Site
As the name suggests, PDF Generator for Fluent Forms is a PDF generator WordPress add-on for the Fluent Forms plugin. Installing this add-on on your site lets you automatically generate the PDF files based on form entries on your Fluent Forms plugin. And it also comes with a customizable font family, color, page orientation, etc.
Further, it possesses top-notch features like automatic generation of invoices in PDF format, conditional PDF generation triggered by certain conditions, and more. On top of that, it also lets you make your PDF files password protected in a few clicks.
- Customizable PDF template
- Automatically personalize PDF files for every form entry using shortcode
- Option to upload and use any font in PDF documents
- Delivery of PDF files via emails
- All language support, including Right-to-Left language
E2Pdf is a complete PDF tool for WordPress with a PDF Document Viewer, PDF Document Editor, PDF Forms Editor, and a PDF Data Injector. Hence, this plugin allows users to view and print documents without leaving the site. Besides, you can also create a blank document or upload and edit the blank document.
Likewise, E2Pdf also enables you to create a PDF form from a blank document. Further, it seamlessly integrates with WordPress contact form plugins like Formidable Forms, Caldera Forms, Divi Contact Forms, etc., to create custom PDFs from WordPress forms.
- Option to upload and edit existing PDF forms without any third-party software
- Automatically generate PDF files based on a WordPress page, post, or web form
- Enables using action and conditions to create dynamic PDF documents
- Send a link in the email body to allow downloading PDF documents and forms
- Supports multisite installation
Pricing: Free or $20/year for 1 Site
How to Convert Form Submissions to PDF?
Having discussed the best form to PDF WordPress plugin, it’s time to provide you with a short guide on converting form submissions to PDF. Here, we’ll be using Everest Forms for our tutorial as it’s a feature-rich, flexible, and easy-to-use plugin.
Step 1: Install Everest Forms and Everest Forms Pro
Then, in the search box, type in the name of the plugin (Here, Everest Forms) and hit the Install Now button once the plugin displays. After completion of installation, don’t forget to activate it on your site.
You’ve successfully installed the free version of Everest Forms. However, here we’ll need the PDF Form Submission add-on, which is only available in the premium version. So, visit the official website, and purchase a suitable plan for your site.
After the purchase, you’ll be able to log in to your WPEverst account dashboard. Under the Downloads tab, find the Everest Forms Pro file and download it. It’ll be downloaded as a zip file on your computer.
Also, don’t forget to copy the license key under the License Keys tab. You’ll need it later.
Now, from your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins>>Add New and click on the Upload Plugin at the top.
After that, upload the zip file you downloaded earlier and hit Install Now button. You also need to activate it.
Once the plugin is activated, it’ll ask you to enter the license key. So, paste the key that you copied before.
With that, Everest Forms Pro is ready to be used on your site.
Step 2. Install PDF Form Submission Add-on
Next, you also need to install the PDF Form Submission add-on on your site. So, go to the newly added Everest Forms tab on the left side of the dashboard and click on the Add-ons.
After that, search for the PDF Form Submission add-on and click Install Addon. Finally, hit the Activate button.
Now that you’re equipped with all the necessary things, it’s time to create a form.
Step 3. Create a New Form
To create a form, go to Everest Forms>>Add New. On the Add New Form page, you’ll see several pre-built form templates that you can use to create your form instantly. Contrarily, you can also build a form from the ground.
No matter whichever method you choose, Everest Forms enables you to create any kind of form easily with its drag and drop interface. Thus, you need to drag the required fields from the left and drop them on the right.
Further, you can also configure the Field Options for individual fields. All you need to do is click on the required field, and you’ll be able to set the Label, Description, and other Advanced Options.
For a more detailed guide, please check our tutorial on how to add a contact form in WordPress.
Step 4. Configure Form Settings
Once you complete adding the required form fields, you can click on the Settings tab at the top to set up General and Email settings for your form.
General settings let you configure Form Name, Form Description, add Form Disabled and Form Successful Submission Message, Submit Button Text, Classroom, and more.
Likewise, Email settings let you add To and From Email addresses, add Email Subject, Email Message, etc.
Further, you can enable the following options to send PDF as an email attachment.
- Send File As Attachment Option
- Attach Form Data in PDF Format
- Show Header In Attached PDF File
- Change File Name for Attached PDF
Step 5. Individual Form’s PDF Submission Setting
The best thing about Everest Forms PDF Submission is that it also lets you select the fields you want to add to your PDF form.
For this, navigate to Settings>>PDF Submission at first. Then, enable Select the fields that go into the PDF. Now, you’ll be able to choose the required fields that go to the PDF.
Step 6. PDF Form Set Up and Configuration
The next step in our tutorial on how to convert form submission to PDF is to set up and configure global settings for the PDF form.
For this, go to Everest Forms>>Settings and click on the PDF Submissions tab.
Now, you’ll be able to configure the multiple settings as below:
- PDF Template: Allows you to choose from three different PDF templates.
- Header Logo: Lets you add your specific logo designs.
- PDF Header Details: Enables you to include Form Name, Form Title, Site Title, and Site URL to your PDF file.
- Custom Header Text: Lets you add custom header text in PDF.
- Paper Size: Allows you to choose the preferred paper size.
- Orientation: Lets you set the default orientation as Portrait or Landscape.
- Font: Allows you to set the default font for the PDF text.
- Font Size: Lets you set the font size for the PDF text.
- Font Color: Enables you to set the default font color for PDF.
- Background Color: Lets you set the background color while generating PDF.
- Header Font Color: Allows you to select the preferred header font color for PDF.
- Header Background Color: Lets you choose the header background color when generating a PDF.
- Enable Multi-Column PDF: Allows you to generate multi-column PDFs from the multi-column form.
- Include Field Description: Enables you to add field description in the PDF.
- Download PDF After Form Submit: Enables the option to download PDF whenever the user submits the form automatically.
- Reverse Text: Enables the option to display the text in reverse in PDF, i:e: Right-to-Left script like Hebrew, Arabic, etc.
- Hide Empty Fields: Lets you hide empty PDF Fields.
Once you’re done, remember to save the changes you made by clicking on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Step 7. Publish Your Form
After you’re done with the settings, you’re all set to publish your form. To publish a form, go to Everest Forms>>All Forms and copy the form’s shortcode.
After that, go to the Pages or Posts, wherever you want to add your form and click on Add New option. Here we’ll be adding our form to the pages.
So, navigate to Pages>>Add New and add a Shortcode block to the page. Here, paste the shortcode you copied before.
Finally, hit the Publish button at the top to publish it on your site.
Step 8. Export WordPress Form Submissions to PDF
Now that you’ve added the form to your site, the form submissions start pouring in. Thus, you can now view the form entries by going to the Everest Forms>>Entries.
Finally, you can also export the form submissions into the PDF just by clicking on the Export to PDF button.
When you click it, the user-submitted form is downloaded as a PDF to your computer.
Hence, you can print your form submission PDF or attach it with an email as per your need.
So, these were our list of the best form to PDF WordPress plugins, along with a short and easy guide on converting form submissions to PDF.
We hope you’ve made your choice on the right plugin for your site. If not, we suggest using Everest Forms as it’s a feature-rich form builder and a form to PDF plugin. It lets you export WordPress form submission easily and conveniently and enables you to customize your PDF to match your brand.
We have come to the end of the article. If you liked what you read, do share this article with your friends.